Contracting with Humana

I skipped the F2F and got certified for MAPD online. I didn't have to go through a local manager but went through the broker services instead. It's there within the instructions on how to get this done.

IIRC, modules 4 & 5 repeats a lot of the material from the first three modules. It's almost like a really lengthy obstacle course where you have to really want or keep Humana business to complete the certification. It was exhausting.

We have lots of choices besides Humana here in CA so I'm not selling any Humana unless I actually have to. I'm only doing the certification in case they take off here in CA.

Humana took a lot of grief a few years earlier in the MAPD roll outs. Their current approach seems to be highly compliance focused. Example: no MA or PDP phone enrollments for agents, other than by their in house 800# staff.
I haven't heard about the training changes for new agents, but our area management makes it easy to contact them. I would recommend live classes for new agents to get to know area managers. They can be a good resource. There are ongoing live trainings, usually at least once a year, after open season they do one for SNP plans.

Humana took a lot of grief a few years earlier in the MAPD roll outs. Their current approach seems to be highly compliance focused. Example: no MA or PDP phone enrollments for agents, other than by their in house 800# staff. I haven't heard about the training changes for new agents, but our area management makes it easy to contact them. I would recommend live classes for new agents to get to know area managers. They can be a good resource. There are ongoing live trainings, usually at least once a year, after open season they do one for SNP plans.

I have replaced some Humana MAPD policies with Medsupps over the years, and it has always been very difficult to cancel the mapd by calling Humana. I bet they have had some complaints on that end

I have replaced some Humana MAPD policies with Medsupps over the years, and it has always been very difficult to cancel the mapd by calling Humana. I bet they have had some complaints on that end

Why wouldn't you just write a PDP for the customer? That automatically cancels the MAPD.

Why wouldn't you just write a PDP for the customer? That automatically cancels the MAPD.

I have done that most of the time, but occasionally they dont want part D. As a think a little harder, I think the times I was remembering I was actually replacing Humana medsupps, their plan F is kinda pricey round here.

Anyhow, I just submitted my Humana appointment paperwork yesterday. Hopefully it's smooth sailing from here.

Back