Converted Bus

I have a potential client that is converting a bus to a RV....should it be insured while the rebuild it?

If so..should it be insured as a Bus until conversion?

They are currently with State Farm..I tried to run them with Allstate..and they said they don't do "converted" bus to RV's...so I didn't know if I should have just left it as a bus for insurance purposes.

Are th ere any carriers that would take it as a converted bus to RV?

This is one of those "Don't waste your time" scenarios.

Unless he has turned the plates into the DMV and cancelled the registration, he's going to need liability insurance. If it's operable during conversion, it's going to be driven.

Getting a carrier to underwrite that from scratch isn't going to be easy.

As for physical damage, unlikely if the carrier knows that it's being torn apart for restoration.

I suspect that State Farm has no idea that he's doing this to his bus. Best to have him stay put until the conversion is completed.

I have a potential client that is converting a bus to a RV....should it be insured while the rebuild it?

If so..should it be insured as a Bus until conversion?
There's a lot going on here, that I don't think you're up for. Have you considered the fact that it will no longer just be a vehicle, but something people are sleeping in, opening up a whole new world of risk?

I've written things like this, and I know exactly what markets to go to, and depending on the specifics of the scenario, this is still something I would probably pass on.

Back