Coventry or Humana Sneak Peak?

Aetna's purchase of Coventry may have something to do with expansion. Also a desire to make up for lost time while being in CMS jail a few years ago.

I feel certain it could be shared with another licensed and certified agent.

Nope. First, this is a public forum. No requirement to enter and have validated a license number to access forums. Second, other agents are included in disclosure restriction.

From one MA carrier: Distribution to consumers, other insurers, or any other person or company is strictly prohibited and may be grounds for termination of your agreement.

Last edited:
Nope. First, this is a public forum. No requirement to enter and have validated a license number to access forums. Second, other agents are included in disclosure restriction.

From one MA carrier: Distribution to consumers, other insurers, or any other person or company is strictly prohibited and may be grounds for termination of your agreement.

Interesting, a carrier (or carrier rep) can send the sneak peek to agents, but I can't send it to some of my fellow agents? That makes a lot of sense.

And I wasn't speaking of just sharing the info on a public forum. It's fairly easy to verify if someone is a licensed agent.

Here is the disclosure on Coventry's sneak peek:

For broker use only. Not for distribution to beneficiaries. Coventry data classification: Confidential. Plan benefits may vary by county. Benefits and pricing are not final until CMS approved

Says nothing about not giving to other agents. Not trying to be argumentative. Just pointing out what one carriers says may not be the same with all carriers. As has clearly been the case in the multiple discussions on this forum about whether or not F2F is required to sell a MA plan. Some carriers say yes, others say no. Some carrier reps say yes, some carrier reps say no. Clear as mud.

edit - Here's Aetna's sneak peek disclosure:

For Agent Use Only. Not to
be shared with Medicare
beneficiaries. Aetna Inc.
Proprietary and Confidential.

----------

August 25, 2013

Humana and UnitedHealth say that they will be exiting some markets, but don't say which ones. Scaling back their M.A. programs too.

Story: http://www.businessinsurance.com/article/20130825/NEWS03/308259985?tags=%7C307%7C74%7C82
ac

While the author of the article may be correct about some carriers withdrawing from certain markets and what the law SAYS, he is foolish if he believes the law will be carried out the way it is written. For example, there was supposed to be a 2.2% reduction in funding for MA plans for the 2014 benefit year. Instead, they are getting a 3.3% INCREASE in funding.

Medicare Boosts Rather Than Cuts Payments To Advantage Plans - Kaiser Health News

The funny thing is, there are still those who believe the cost of ACA will reduce the debt/deficit. Laughable.

Last edited:
You can make your point understood by some of the people all the time, and all of the people some of the time. But you can't be understood by all of the people all of the time.

Back