Covid while traveling

Packerland

Guru
I know the following to be true. But does anyone know of a plan anywhere that provides specfic covid coverage outside of the US. I have a U-65 client that spends a month in Honduras and must have a policy that covers covid in order to enter the country.
If outside of the US, Peterson offers the USAway plan that will cover a member, but excludes Covid.
If this is a client within the US travelling and has an ACA plan, I unfortunately do not have a plan that would cover them in that aspect. With their ACA plan, they will have emergency coverage nationwide as required by the PPACA law, but once they are no longer in an emergency status, they will then be most likely out of network if they do not have a PPO or POS plan.

I sell my own Bluecross blue shield travelers plan that covers Covid. I’m going to South America next month and got a zero deductible and 1million dollar coverage for cheap.

DM me if you’re interested

the plan also comes with a visa letter for said country when entering the country

Last edited:
I made a thread similar last night. If someone could generate leads targeting international travelers and had an option between a few polciies covering this I think theres serious money to be made seeing as its necessary to have it to enter a large amount of countries now

I made a thread similar last night. If someone could generate leads targeting international travelers and had an option between a few polciies covering this I think theres serious money to be made seeing as its necessary to have it to enter a large amount of countries now

travel insurance pays like 10-20 bucks a policy most of the time lol, international health insurance is where it’s at, because it’s monthly. I just did 4 travel insurance and got paid average 12 bucks a pop, and that was for a 7 week travel. I just do for mostly friends and family and a referral, because it’s not really worth it.

travel insurance pays like 10-20 bucks a policy most of the time lol, international health insurance is where it’s at, because it’s monthly. I just did 4 travel insurance and got paid average 12 bucks a pop, and that was for a 7 week travel. I just do for mostly friends and family and a referral, because it’s not really worth it.
I guess I'm just confusing terms then, because it must be that you need to have international health insurance for the covid protection right? Or is just the regular travel insurance like you're saying cover the covid19 insurance requirement? Thanks

I guess I'm just confusing terms then, because it must be that you need to have international health insurance for the covid protection right? Or is just the regular travel insurance like you're saying cover the covid19 insurance requirement? Thanks

There is one that needs aca coverage but that is for if you have pre existing conditions (not if you have pre x, but you want the travelers insurance to cover pre x conditions incase it happens in your travel)

the other ones doesn’t cover pre ex but still covers Covid abroad (if you dont have any pre x, this is the one to get) but you can get it even if you have a pre x, but it wont cover said pre x in your travel.

Last edited:
There is one that needs aca coverage but that is for if you have pre existing conditions (not if you have pre x, but you want the travelers insurance to cover pre x conditions incase it happens in your travel)

the other ones doesn’t cover pre ex but still covers Covid abroad (if you dont have any pre x, this is the one to get) but you can get it even if you have a pre x, but it wont cover said pre x in your travel.
Okay, thanks. So the commissions just arnt there

Okay, thanks. So the commissions just arnt there

yup, for instance, I had a client fly to Ukraine, with the same requirements to have covid coverage, he stayed there for 14 days, the total premium for that trip was literally 14 bucks,

I made something of around 2.35 cents

I sell international insurance as well, but that is mostly for people that live in the USA and aren't citizens, or cant get obamacare, or obamacare is more expensive. For instance I had a client that blue cross blue shield in the state of California was going to cost him around 2.5k a month for him and his family, I got him an International Blue cross for expats for around $1375.

now those I make money on, but its more for people that are making reasonable money or that only have a greencard. It covers anywhere in the world as well.

unlimited coverage and way better deductibles than aca plans, just has a 1 yr waiting period for maternity. its also underwritten, so not everyone can get in.

Last edited:
yup, for instance, I had a client fly to Ukraine, with the same requirements to have covid coverage, he stayed there for 14 days, the total premium for that trip was literally 14 bucks,

I made something of around 2.35 cents

And how much did you get paid for by the hour on that one. Dang... that's a head banger!

And how much did you get paid for by the hour on that one. Dang... that's a head banger!

lol, only reason I even did that one, was because he is a friend that refer me international clients. He also told me Ukraine or his airliner had a travel policy for him, but for the same dates it was like 45 bucks and it had a 250 deductible with only a max of 100k.

Back