Creating an SEP by Purposely using the wrong Enrollment Code...

About 8 years ago is when I first heard of this tactic.
Freedom health notified agents and that if anyone was caught doing this would be terminated for cause.
Yes, it will work but companies will track agents who they believe are abusing it.

Based on this year's AHIP information, it sounds like CMS is requiring carriers to create surveillance programs to better monitor agent noncompliance activity. They are also required to report it to CMS. I have personally lost a number of clients to agents using this tactic, not to mention other illegal activities. They tend to prey on low income (LIS) clients who easily fall victim. The next time I see it happening I am 100% reporting it to CMS. I don't like snitches, but I've had enough of getting screwed over by unethical agents.

Based on this year's AHIP information, it sounds like CMS is requiring carriers to create surveillance programs to better monitor agent noncompliance activity. They are also required to report it to CMS. I have personally lost a number of clients to agents using this tactic, not to mention other illegal activities. They tend to prey on low income (LIS) clients who easily fall victim. The next time I see it happening I am 100% reporting it to CMS. I don't like snitches, but I've had enough of getting screwed over by unethical agents.

Take it from a guy who’s written tons of low income . Your clients are the fault . They jump for a cookie . I have zero issue with non lis . I can’t tell you how many times I’ve saved a low income app 2 times and they switch a 3 rd . They’re dead broke for a reason . They jump for more . I never turn an agent in . If your in the Medicare business you’ve certainly replaced a ton of agents

Back