Creative Marketing Ideas

Damn, you guys aren't suggesting that we go back to "Old Style Insurance Marketing" are you? How archaic. ;)

Hmmm....

Maybe I can kill two bird with a single stone; boost my productivity and get some leads, and....

Start up my own lead referral agency.....:D

I could charge $20.00 for each appointed lead, affect an Indian accient too and the sky's the limit!:D:D

I have started marketing my products online. Things may be a little bit different as my applications can be done entirely online. But you can use the same approach to gettting prospective clients. My website has been up for just about 3 weeks, and I hit 100 unique visitors per day for the first time after the site was active for only 2 weeks. The best part is, other than the web hosting on yahoo...I haven't spent a penny on it.

What I have been doing is writting articles related to my products, and submitting them on several top article submission sites. I do about 1 article a day. They are nothing too indepth, and not very long, as most internet searchers want instant information. They average about 250-700 words per article.

I have had one article included in a newsletter that another website sent out already, and several other articles posted on very specific audience sites, with great results.

Not sure if ya'll have a website for yourself or not, but that is usually the way people get their initial information for what kind of coverage they are looking for. Now when people search for unemployment protection plans, or unemployment and disablility insurance, my articles come up, and include the information, and a link to my site for more information.

If you do this, be sure to get a good tracking program, because then you can contact everyone who visits your site, whether they fill out the contact info or not.

I have started marketing my products online. Things may be a little bit different as my applications can be done entirely online. But you can use the same approach to gettting prospective clients. My website has been up for just about 3 weeks, and I hit 100 unique visitors per day for the first time after the site was active for only 2 weeks. The best part is, other than the web hosting on yahoo...I haven't spent a penny on it.

What I have been doing is writting articles related to my products, and submitting them on several top article submission sites. I do about 1 article a day. They are nothing too indepth, and not very long, as most internet searchers want instant information. They average about 250-700 words per article.

I have had one article included in a newsletter that another website sent out already, and several other articles posted on very specific audience sites, with great results.

Not sure if ya'll have a website for yourself or not, but that is usually the way people get their initial information for what kind of coverage they are looking for. Now when people search for unemployment protection plans, or unemployment and disablility insurance, my articles come up, and include the information, and a link to my site for more information.

If you do this, be sure to get a good tracking program, because then you can contact everyone who visits your site, whether they fill out the contact info or not.

That is interesting that you bring this up. I was just talking to my SEO guy about this very thing. He made the suggestion that this would increase traffic to the site.

It is the absolute best way to drive qualified free traffic to your site. Just be sure to keep your articles informative, and not like a sales pitch. That way more places will use your article and republish it. The resource section is where you put your links, and your call to action for the readers.

Since the economy is so HORRID, I am having a hard time making new sales, it seems like NOBODY want's to be prospected for Anything now.

Layoff's are happening here daily, so now when I get a term form from a group, I call the employee and attempt to sell them an individual health policy, roll over 401 K's etc, and I have found the terminated employees take comfort knowing that someone is there to advise them on the issues. ( this is something I never had TIME for before in a good economy, nor did I ever want to sell individual policies) However it is working well and I keep on writing business, which is better than nothing. LOL

Do you guys have any creative idea's for this economy? Has your practice had to make any changes?

I would love to help you come up with some prospecting systems. Just don't reinvent the wheel. Find other successful agents and copy what they are doing.

Just call me,

Mark Rosenthal
877-968-5757
www.realfastservice.com

creative marketing ideas are not always "good marketing ideas"

however, proven marketing ideas, are almost always good marketing ideas.

When you decide to try something in marketing that no one else is doing, you need to realize, chances are, it has been tried....and probably failed.

I live at the beach, and those planes with the advertisements they pull behind them might be a "creative way" to market your company....but is it a good way? I highly doubt it.

Just a basic example.

Find a proven method, and repeat.

Well, after 90 days of call calling every week my closing rate on new group is the big 0%. I sent out about 1,000 direct mailing pieces to key contacts and call all of them back.

I am filling up the pipe line for next years renewals but it goes slow. I am pre screening the groups on who is their current carrier, how many employees, last years rate increase, and so on. From the info I have received most of these leads will not pan out for me.

I have added another direct mailing piece to newly establised businesses. I am hoping that creates some buzz and these new companies will show interest and maybe visit my website. I am not calling on these mailings.

Where I am writing all my business right now is from referrals and my website.

How is everyone else doing with thier cold calling?

I did some research over my Insurance Business some years back, and what I came to know is the maxim Income of my business dident came from some customers who have bought $10k policy from me leaving in about 30 minuts distance from my office, Not from customers who have bought $1m policy, so what I did is tried concentrating over my local customers who are not going to buy a single huge policy but who are going buy huge number of small policies, I tried concentrating over them and getting huge amount of business.

Back