Daily Activities

Just a WAG, but would it make some sense to maybe call them back at a different time?
:D

Slam dunk -= genius.

I should have thought of that!

To be more specific:
LRM Study Summary

The behavioural study revealed when sales representatives had success around calling web-generated leads. To find these facts, we looked at leads that were captured through a web form, and attempted or called at least one time. Summarized below are some of the more interesting findings related to speed and timing when responding to web-generated leads:

Wednesdays and Thursdays are the best days to call in order to contact (by 49.7% over the worst day) and qualify (by 24.9% over the worst day) leads. Thursday is the best day to contact a lead in order to qualify that lead (by 19.1% better than the worst day).
4 to 6pm is the best time to call to make contact with a lead (by 114% over the worst time block). 8-9am and 4-5pm are the best times to call to qualify a lead (by 164% better 1-2pm, the worst time of the day). 4-5pm is the best time to contact a lead to qualify over 11-12am by 109%).
The odds of calling to contact a lead decrease by over 10 times in the 1st hour. The odds of calling to qualify a lead decrease by over 6 times in the 1st hour. After 20 hours every additional dial your salespeople make actually hurts your ability to make contact to qualify a lead.
4. The odds of contacting a lead if called in 5 minutes versus 30 minutes drop 100 times. The odds of qualifying a lead if called in 5 minutes versus 30 minutes drop 21 times.

Source: http://www.leadresponsemanagement.org/lrm_study

Last edited:
There's no way to avoid the leads piling up, there will always be tire-kickers and not-homes etc.
Here are a few things that may help:
-follow up with leads the same day they are created if you can. Have the callers give you the info as they are developed so you can follow up fast, while they are still interested.
-Have a printed out system for leads. Find a 3 ring binder, hole punch the lead sheets (if all you have is excel you can make a lead sheet on excel to print out). Keep the book close to you that way you can flip backwards calling the most recent people to the older people that have not taken your call yet.
-For people that aren't interested, tell them you hear that all the time and that companies from time to time have rather large rate increases, would they mind letting you call them 6-9 months down the line to see how they are doing. Develop a pipeline if your serious about this business. Soon in 6-9 months your touching people you have already had a conversation before. So its more about developing rapport than it is trying to mine them for info. You could also take the time to talk to them about plan G if you haven't already. The savings should be more, not interested? Can you call back in 6-9 months to see how they are doing?
-If the leads truly start to pile up, develop a screener to recall the people you haven't been able to get on the phone, and give them a flat app commission for transfers to you that result in an application after they talk to them about their rates etc.
-Call back at different times. Mornings, Noons, Afternoons, and Evenings. I have had evening calls that resulted in apps. Med supp prospects still work, they visit the family two cities over, they volunteer, they watch the grandkids.
-Send them some info on you via Send Out Cards or create and order your own cards and develop a campaign to touch the person at various intervals. A ton of seniors don't know about plan G (we know Rick plan G doesn't work in CA) so send a card or something to explain to them what plan G is and how it will help them save money and lower their rate increases over time. The savings you quote them will be more, you will be educating them, and the rapport will grow.
-Keeping a client is cheaper than getting a new client. Go the length to cater to them. My campaign for new clients is
Card 1- Welcome to being a client (immediately)
Card 2- Just checking in (3 mo.s)
Card 3- Referrals (6 mo.s)
Card 4- HHC or Critical Illness (9 mo.s) (I just integrated this in so I don't have any info on Card 4)
Card 5- Renewal (1 yr)
Card 6- Referrals (15 mo.s)

Your asking for referrals after you have checked in to make sure everything is doing good (mo 3) and after you helped them navigate for renewals (mo 15), aka demonstrated quality, follow through etc.

Back