DeadPool / Close Book Medigap

cwradio

I currently have a Medigap plan G insurance with a insurance company (Transamerica) that have stop selling new Medigap insurance in my state (Michigan).
I am looking to change Medigap insurance companies (medical underwriting required) but concerned that the new company will also stop selling insurance in 5 years or so.
Is there a list of Medigap insurance companies that has Deadpool / Close Book insurance in Michigan and continue to offer new policies?
Do not want to make this mistake again. Thanks

Is there a list of Medigap insurance companies that has Deadpool / Close Book insurance in Michigan and continue to offer new policies?

Maybe, but probably not. Agents who have worked that market for 5 - 10 can probably tell you. Most of the household names have multiple carriers they will rotate in and out of a state every 3 - 5 years.

UHC is possibly the exception.

Some of the BX carriers have been stable but it will vary by state.

I look for carriers that have operated in my state for a minimum of 5 years under the same flag. I won't even consider contracting with a carrier until they have been here 3 years.

Your state may be different, but if a carrier closes a block here that carrier cannot return for 5 years. Omaha Ins Co was (I think) the last permutation that left here but they were immediately replaced by MOO.

That's how they play by the rules without missing out on new business.

Back