Dental for Supplement Clients

Take a look at NationalCareDental.com Great brand with Nationwide, really strong benefits up to $5,000 annual max, liberal takeover policy, flat national pricing (no need for quoting system)

Pm me for more info
(I just took over as CEO)

Take a look at NationalCareDental.com Great brand with Nationwide, really strong benefits up to $5,000 annual max, liberal takeover policy, flat national pricing (no need for quoting system)

Pm me for more info
(I just took over as CEO)

Do they drop the waiting period on prior coverage

Do they drop the waiting period on prior coverage

The website says this:

**Replacing current dental coverage? National Care Dental will either waive the 12 month waiting period or give you credit for prior PPO coverage. Must provide evidence of current PPO Coverage prior to coverage effective date.

That is confusing verbage to me. I read that to mean that one had to provide proof of their prior dental coverage to NationWide prior to enrolling in the NationWide plan.

I just read the brochure and it says this:

*Waiting period for major services may be waived with proof of prior coverage provided by the Member. Proof of prior coverage will only be accepted from the prior carrier within 30 days of effective date on NCD and showing 12 months of continuous fully insured coverage with no lapse. DHMO, discount, or scheduled plan coverage will not be accepted.

The brochure statement allows 30 days after effective date to show proof of prior coverage, but the brochure statement seems to conflict with the website statement allowing credit for prior PPO coverage.

I think Nationwide's statements could be reworded to make the precise nature of their actual policy more clear.

I'd also check their network. Up here, it appears really limited.

Someone a year or so ago suggested recruiting dentists.. that's not something I'm doing. The company is responsible for creating the network, I'm responsible for representing it to clients.

Does anyone know of a plan that covers invisalign?

If this is the same question you asked in another thread, you did not put the details here to get the answer you truly seek. The little bit of looking I have done indicates that you need to be specifying:

You are looking for adult orthodontic coverage for a SENIOR (65 and over) adult and you need the orthodontic coverage to include invisalign.

For example, some months back when I was looking at dental coverage, I found a table of AFLAC benefits for a plan in Texas. Notes with that indicate AFLAC has an orthodontic benefit rider. However, things I found today indicate that rider has a wait period of 24 months and a lifetime maximum of $1,200. In relation to invisalign, one would need to know if that treatment is billed under the same dental codes as metal braces. I have no idea about that.

But, a further issue is, when looking for this information several months ago, I think I also found that the AFLAC plans are available only to those under 65. I don't know that for sure, just inference from the few things I could find as a non agent.

From that limited looking, my guess would be that even if you can find a dental benefit for Senior Adult Orthodontics, the lifetime maximum and waiting period are likely to make it of little value to your client. I would continue to suggest for that situation that a dental discount plan that the orthodontist will accept and care credit for financing are likely to be the best option for that client.

Back