Dental for Supplement Clients

1) I tell them talk to the STAFF in their dental office and ask them if any patients have a good plan that they bought on their own.

2) I tell them to keep COBRA dental as long as possible if they want to keep something similar to what they had when working.

3) I'll tell a small business owner in a high tax bracket that deducting premiums for care might have a lower net cost than non deductible out of pocket cash payments.

4) Otherwise, I tell people to use HSA funds (if they have them) to pay dentists directly and eliminate the middleman.

5) Last, I tell them I don't sell individual dental.

Here in the FL panhandle Delta Premier is king. My wife pays about $60 monthly for me and her. Their individual plan is more expensive so I guess it depends on how bad you want it.

Delta KS shows a Silver plan for 37.80. It's a $1,000 coverage, with 50% on basic and major services. 6 mo waiting on basic and 12 mo waiting on major.

I have a lot of request for dental from supplement clients. Anyone sell a good product? Offering this may give me an edge locally.

Edit out incorrect information. 02/16/2021

Leaving post because just my making a post precipitated 3 other posts below. None of them refer to edited out information.

Last edited:
Caveats, Not an agent. My experience is in KS.

Delta provides good coverage in group plans. Sometimes the coverage is even better when very large groups such as governments or school districts are the customer. The pricing is very good for the employee too, when the large employer is absorbing a lot of the premium price.

Delta becomes a very different proposition for the consumer when they are retired, with Social security as only, or primary, source of income. The Individual Delta plans have less features than the large employer group plans and are significantly more expensive because the consumer is footing the entire premium. (I kept Delta on Cobra as long as I could.)

I think that many folks at income levels that generate IRMAA add-ons to Part B premiums could absorb individual plan Delta premiums and not worry too much about it. A lot of lower income folks, not so much.

In past threads like this, there have been some agents that say they have minimal interest in selling Dental insurance. What they do is contract with Delta. When they are asked about Dental, They say this is what I can offer you and this is what it will cost you. I can't remember how the agents said they dealt with customer responses or whether or not those agents felt like the Dental coverage issue cost them any significant level of business.

For the senior market agents there is also the issue of whether or not they want to include Vision and Hearing options in what they choose to offer. I gather that Manhattan has made some changes in their plan that make it less attractive for the consumer than it was when goillini52 and rousemark first discussed it in threads here, but it is an offering that would cover all the bases.
Not sure what changes you are speaking of. They did switch to Usual and Customary charges a long time ago. They added a dental network which can reduce out of pocket costs but the client can use any dentist they want. They also added a $3000.00 coverage option. With a true pool of money concept that covers dental, vision and hearing, I still like it better than others I have seen.

Not sure what changes you are speaking of. They did switch to Usual and Customary charges a long time ago. They added a dental network which can reduce out of pocket costs but the client can use any dentist they want. They also added a $3000.00 coverage option. With a true pool of money concept that covers dental, vision and hearing, I still like it better than others I have seen.

Hey, do you know where I can find a link to check the network?

For the most part, I have sold it on any dentist But had wrote one yesterday who wanted to know what dentist will give a network discount and I could not find where to check-in portal

I recommend everyone buy at least 5 personal dental plans. Upon your first visit to the dentist, present all 5 Id cards and tell the insurance biller to, “ figure it out”.

What kind of "personal dental plans"?

What kind of "personal dental plans"?

Tool-pliers.jpg

Back