Dental, Vision, and Hearing 18-85

It had been almost 2 months since anybody posted on this thread.
You look ridiculous reviving an old thread just to try to start shxx.

Don't pick on Sam. He's doing a hell of a job promoting the dental, vision and hearing plan. I really appreciate his efforts. It's working better than I thought it would. :)

Thanks, Tins. I didn't realize the late date when I stumbled across this next example of the double standard.

Not to get too philosophical here, but there are different standards for longstanding forum members than there are for new posters or folks that only come here to promote their stuff. Like it or not, that's actually written policy. Part of the risk for longstanding members of this forum posting offers outside of the offers section is they do risk backlash for it, but the forum is to some degree self-regulating. There is no question that this belonged in the offers section which I'm sure was simply an oversight on Frank's part considering the amount of time he puts in the forum without getting paid a nickel.

There are a handful of us that add an incredible amount of quality content to this forum that draws on combined centuries of experience. There is no other place on the internet that I'm aware of where you can get some much quality content that is absolutely free. Of the folks that contribute here the most, about half of us do have something in our signature that does compensate us for our time on here, but it's nothing relative to the amount of time and energy we put into helping create an excellent resource for agents new and experienced. SamJackson, I get that you don't like the double standard, but for the amount of time and energy Frank puts on this forum and the amount of energy he puts into helping agents for free, there is no reason why this community should give him hassle over incorrectly posting his offer outside of the offers section.

There are a handful of us that add an incredible amount of quality content to this forum that draws on combined centuries of experience.

I believe Arnguy contributes at least 100 years of personal experience all by himself.

I like the UCT plan also Frank. I even took the policy out for myself. The nice thing about the plan is whenever I submit a claim and UCT pays it, they use the actual charge that the dentist or vision provider charged me and pay based on actual charges.

Also, I was suprised when I had my cleaning and exam. My cleaning was $75 and my exam was $45. They paid 100% on my cleaning and 60% of the exam. For some reason I thought they'd pay 60% for the cleaning because it was my 1st year but on cleanings they will pay 100% up to $75

When I pull up Fair Health cost estimate for my zip code, it shows UCR for cleaning at $84, and I live in an affluent neighborhood. Periodic exams are $47 and comprehensives are $80. Add to that x-rays at $60 for 4, you get an annual checkup cost of $191.00. With UCT, this should get a reimbursement at $75 + $107 (- $100) x 60%= $4.20. My total reimbursement will be $79.20 the first year after one annual appointment, making my net cost $111.80 for dental preventive. But wait! There's more to the story!

What is beautiful about both these plans is that they are NOT COORDINATED. Since I have group dental insurance, it will pay for 2 cleanings and exams per year at 100%. By enrolling in UCT, I get my dental preventive covered this year and get $79.20 back to offset some of my premium costs. I plan to drop my group dental next year, and at that time my waiting periods will be satisfied with UCT and reimbursment will go up to 70%.

I chose UCT over Medico because UCT goes to 90% in the 4th year, and the difference in cost was only a couple of bucks.

Keep in mind that once you enroll in either, you can't change your deductible or Annual Max without resetting your waiting periods. Since this is a 3-in-1 plan, if you have vision or hearing issues and you are running near your max on dental, you will be throttled with reimbursements, so pick an annual cap with that in mind.

Last edited:
Seriously, what is there NOT to like about UCT or Medico? Simply put, they seem to work, if you allow the plans to reimburse you as a policyholder, as they are designed to do. Why the doggers and why the haters?

Seriously, what is there NOT to like about UCT or Medico? Simply put, they seem to work, if you allow the plans to reimburse you as a policyholder, as they are designed to do. Why the doggers and why the haters?

Some people would bitch if you hung them with a new rope.

Back