Developing Software for Insurance Agents and Need Your Input

Here is what would help me.

I enter prospects and clients into my database (Act). Then I type them into my route planner (Microsoft Streets and Trips) then often I'll type them a 3rd time into Send out Cards to automate the follow up.

Software that would tie all these things together would be great.

I have that software...help develop it three years ago. Let me know if you want to check it out. To many benefits to list but would be happy to share.

Hello all,

Please don't take this as spam as this is not my intention what so ever!

I just wanted to comment on this as this is exactly what my company specializes in. We develop back end policy administration systems, mobile apps, and responsive web sites for the insurance industry. Primarily for insurance carriers, but also for the agents and brokers as well. We also develop apps that the insureds themselves can use to manage their policies, request endorsements, report claims etc.

Honestly from my opinion and being an agent myself prior to my current position, i think the mobile apps are the way to go. If I still had my book of business, having the capability to manage my book from my phone just by searching the customer name, policy number or whatever would be great. Also, being able to sit down with a prospect, gather the information, and then either send the accord/questionnaire over via smartphone or tablet to the underwriter or to submit the quote right then and there is awesome. You can literally one call close clients the same day. Plus, as we all know customer service in the insurance industry is huge so being able to operate on the fly without having to go back to the office seems to be a benefit to me as well.

I'm not sure if that exactly pertains to the system that you are trying to develop but I wanted to contribute. If you'd like to discuss more or network at all please let me know as I'm always open to speak!

Hello all,

Please don't take this as spam as this is not my intention what so ever!

I just wanted to comment on this as this is exactly what my company specializes in. We develop back end policy administration systems, mobile apps, and responsive web sites for the insurance industry. Primarily for insurance carriers, but also for the agents and brokers as well. We also develop apps that the insureds themselves can use to manage their policies, request endorsements, report claims etc.

Honestly from my opinion and being an agent myself prior to my current position, i think the mobile apps are the way to go. If I still had my book of business, having the capability to manage my book from my phone just by searching the customer name, policy number or whatever would be great. Also, being able to sit down with a prospect, gather the information, and then either send the accord/questionnaire over via smartphone or tablet to the underwriter or to submit the quote right then and there is awesome. You can literally one call close clients the same day. Plus, as we all know customer service in the insurance industry is huge so being able to operate on the fly without having to go back to the office seems to be a benefit to me as well.

I'm not sure if that exactly pertains to the system that you are trying to develop but I wanted to contribute. If you'd like to discuss more or network at all please let me know as I'm always open to speak!
I suspect your input to this discussion would be invaluable. Most of us are familiar with systems built for insurance carriers and aware of several designed for agents and brokers to help their insureds manage their policies.

But as a fee-based insurance consultant, my efforts have been directed at identifying or designing a system focused on the insurance buyer not the insurance seller.

The system I’m looking for would allow insurance consumers, whether personal, commercial or both, to display, store and administer all their insurance policies, not just the ones with a particular company, agent or broker. If you are aware of one, I would certainly like to know how I might access it. I’ve been trying for the past several years to find something better than the cryptic one I use with my clients.

Structured properly, I believe a system like this could benefit insurance buyers, agents, brokers and the insurance companies by revolutionizing the way insurance is bought, sold and administered.

I look forward to your replies([email protected]).

Soundadvisor,

I understand what you are saying now, I was looking at it strictly from the insurers/agents point of view - my apologies.

I can see how this would be beneficial for an insured especially if as you said, they are managing multiple policies at once and perhaps with different carriers.

We have designed a policy admin system that could be somewhat similar to what you have in mind, but it is for a specific carrier who specializes in farm policies. The system is for not only the carrier but mainly their insureds to be able to manage their policies since when insuring a farm there are multiple lines (personal and commercial). I know this isn't exactly what you're speaking of per say (or i'm completely off topic and should just stop talking now) but I think the ideas are similar. Your system would be specifically for the insured though.

We have a short article published in the fall 2013 issue of Viewpoint covering this. I can share it if anyone would like to see it - just let me know.

Scott - you're system sounds pretty on point and just to add my opinion I think being able to add and manage your spouse/children's policies if they are separate is an awesome feature.

Thanks!

Scott,

I'll send you a private message with the link for the article. I'm not sure if I can post it in the thread without having 20 posts first, and I don't want it to be viewed as spamming.

Thanks!

Could Jarus privately assist me in exploring the feasibility and cost of creating an application of this type that consumers could be access from PC's, Tablets or iPhones. The application should allow insurance consumers to create an on-line spreadsheet to store, display and administer all of their insurance information; life, health, property, casualty, business or personal.

The application could be licensed to insurance agents, brokers, financial advisors, banks, trust departments, stock brokers, and insurance carriers; anyone serving the financial interests of individuals and small businesses.

Financial institutions might have an interest in banner- type advertising that would help offset the cost of creating and maintaining the application.

The application should include, but not be limited to, functions which would enable the user to communicate with their various insurers and agents, request policy changes, initiate claims, order certificates, binders or insurance cards and even pay premiums with debit or credit cards.

Currently many insurers and agents have software available for the administration of their particular policy information but nothing is available to assist the insurance buyer with their entire insurance program.

Many stock brokerage firms offer software to their clients to help them monitor their investment portfolio. Why can't we offer insurance consumers similar software to monitor their insurance portfolio? Every individual and business has an insurance portfolio, only a few have a stock portfolio.

I would appreciate your comments.

soundadvisor,

yes we can definitely assist with exploring the options, features, and functions for designing, developing, and implementing the application. I will send you a private message with my contact information and we can connect that way. Many of the features and functions that you listed are available on some of the applications that we've developed for insurers, depending on their exact needs.

Thank you for your interest and I'll be in touch!

Back