Developing Website SEO Pages

True about black hat although the true black hat methods will usually (often) be recognized by Google. I don't mind submitting articles. I do it manually, so I guess I get a little bit of satisfaction that way.

And yes, a lot of great info on this Forum about SEO. But there are a lot of pretenders who think they know SEO. I don't know SEOyet although I give myself a C-.

Guys like Val, Alston and Jeremy know their stuff. I'm sure I missed a few people as that is not an all-inclusive list.

Yeah, you definitely need to consider the source as far as the information. I totally understand what you're saying in regards to black hat tactics. I think of those of us who optimize our sites for proper keywords, alt tags, and relevant and informative content as "Grey Hat." Wikipedia and government run sites are about the only true White Hat sites I can think of.

The guys you mentioned are definitely ones I follow. I also spend some time on forums dedicated to online marketing. You will learn a lot about lead capture, target marketing, email campaigns, etc, but talk about black hat, some of the stuff these guys engage in will make you feel downright dirty just reading about it!:swoon:

In regards to the term "black hat," :policeman:bear in mind that SEO by it's very definition is considered black hat because you are trying to manipulate your site to affect its ranking in organic search.

with the goal to get your site on page one and in the top 4 listings....my secret is I have a virtual unicorn horn that I rub on my url every morning.....

Back