DI for a Doctor

second for Guardian. My son, "the doctor" (yea, it's fun saying that) has Guardian.

I've used Peterson before for DI in a specialized profession and the thing I didn't like is every three years the rates change and they semi have to requalify and they were/are pissy about paying you again, even though it's a new policy.

Good luck.

Petersen will go up to 100k per month but as someone stated there are many stipulations that come with their contracts. However, using re-insurance I have written 100k mo benefit plans with a ONE mainstream DI carrier: ten year benefit max, own occ, and residual riders.

Petersen will go up to 100k per month but as someone stated there are many stipulations that come with their contracts. However, using re-insurance I have written 100k mo benefit plans with a ONE mainstream DI carrier: ten year benefit max, own occ, and residual riders.

...and what company was that? Why take a 10-year benefit max with one company when you can get age-65/67 with multiple companies? To qualify for $100k/mo someone would need to be making $3-4M/year. Most companies won't insure someone with a net worth over $5-6M for DI, which I imagine someone making over $3-4M annually would have.

Last edited:
...and what company was that? Why take a 10-year benefit max with one company when you can get age-65/67 with multiple companies? To qualify for $100k/mo someone would need to be making $3-4M/year. Most companies won't insure someone with a net worth over $5-6M for DI, which I imagine someone making over $3-4M annually would have.

Maybe a pro athlete. They're pretty good at making a lot of money for a short period of time and having nothing to show for it.....

I have a company that does it....500k/Mo on a simple issue app.

Right, but it isn't your typical carriers?

Also, why in the world wouldn't you do it on an SI basis? Require they pass the team physical, maybe ask for a copy of it. They pass, odds are it is a good risk. Biggest concern would be drugs.

You need to work with an MGA dedicated to IDI. Who will help teach you about IDI.

Edited to remove offer

Last edited by a moderator:
Back