Dialers

Blessed

Expert
Hello Everyone,

Is there a dialer out there that more than one person can login to and use without having to pay extra $100 or $150 for each user?

I am planning to have two people make some calls and set appointments for two agents and me, but I cannot afford to pay them and pay extra for dialers.

I greatly appreciate your input and suggestions. Thanks.

Depending on your usage I do offer more flexible plans for a situation like that. CallFire might be another option.

Are they calling at the same time? If so, then most will require a separate seat license.

If they are at different times, almost all dialers will allow you to 'share' the seat.

The other alternative is to download vicidial, a free call program, put it on a spare computer (or buy one for $250) and have your own dialer in house. You'll need to get a phone account with someone who will allow this type of usage (i.e., no unlimited type of accounts).

For $300 or so and then whatever you use actually calling per month, you can run your own system. It does take a bit of tech knowhow to make it work, but not an overwhelming task.

Dan

The above is a pretty good option, one of the main downsides to it is the inability to really let you have folks access it remotely. If they're all in your office, you're fine. If you're trying to have them work from home, you have a whole host of other issues you're going to run into.

If you do go the vici route, vitelity.com is pretty easy to use for a sip termination provider.

Blessed,
Most dialers charge on a per seat basis or hourly (like callfire) for each person dialing or for one inflated price give you up to X many seats... it all works out the same when you divide by how many people you have calling. If dialers gave you many users or unlimited users for one price it would be hard for them to make money.

DJS has a good point where some dialer will not let more than one person access a dialer whether they're dialing or not...as long as that person is logged in. By no means a deal breaker, but it's a nice creature comfort being able to do things on the back end while people are dialing. And you can use the vici system... every dialer has it's pros and cons which are really different due to peoples' different needs and preferences.

My recommendation is to look at a dialer that offers unlimited dialing for one monthly price, a web-based dialer for remote dialing, a single line dialer where you can work your way up to a multi-line dialer, an easy dialer interface to learn and navigate and several support options to help you if needed.

Any dialer will do, but just find one that works for you. Look at a few and write down what features are important. Hope this helps if only a little.

A good suggestion would also be to buy your own dialer server, and use your own trunking. The monthly cost of trunking per person if they're highly active on the dialer usually averages under 20 dollars per person dialing.

A "mini" server like that can be put together and set up for you for $250, and after the 2nd month you'd already be ahead on it.

You'd be able to support 5-8 users, depending on whatever cheap hardware is available and the load you put on the system. I've sent out a couple of these to people, and the savings is worth the learning curve 100% of the time.

Hmm, I like the vicidial suggestion above, good one. Anyone have some other low cost suggestions? Callfire seems kind of expensive since they charge per minute.

Hmm, I like the vicidial suggestion above, good one. Anyone have some other low cost suggestions? Callfire seems kind of expensive since they charge per minute.

The vicidial is probably going to be your best bet. It really comes down to how much you plan on dialing. SalesDialers is a pretty cheap system too.

Back