Did You Enjoy Being a Health Insurance Broker?

Health insurance has changed considerably since I started. Back then, in California, only Blue Shield of California had a PPO network. Everyone else paid UCR. Most health plans had a Base + Major Medical. No office visit copays, no Rx copays. In fact, Rx costs were incidental. There were no costly Rx's like today.

We should go back to that - I'd rather insure against the big event - hospitalization. That's why the cost of insurance is terrible. We don't expect our car insurance to pay for gas & tune ups, do we? . . . .

After 15 years specializing in health insurance. I did not enjoy 2016, to many headaches and Carriers dumping plans. No one really knows what will happen moving forward. We will be looking for other ways to make money. Thanks Obama!

Mid 70's Phoenix Mutual had an individual comprehensive major medical plan with a $500 deductible then 100% up to (I think) $500k. Premiums were $5/mo single, $15 family.

No one would buy it because they felt like they would never have $500 in medical expenses during the year.

Union Mutual offered a major medical wrap plan for groups that only had basic coverage. Benefits kicked in after (I believe) $10,000 and paid 100% up to $250k.

Guardian also had a $500 deductible 100% individual plan for around $15/mo single. You could only buy it if you also bought a term life insurance policy from them.

With 10 minute notice.....nice.
In case some of you need a rah rah more than a commission.
----------------------------
TODAY, Thursday, February 4 at 3:15pm ET the White House and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services will host a stakeholder call to give an update on the 2016 Open Enrollment period. Valerie Jarrett, Senior Advisor to the President and Secretary Sylvia M. Burwell will deliver remarks on the call.

WHEN: Thursday, February 4 at 3:15 pm ET

CALL: 888-390-0980

PASSCODE: 6721672

With 10 minute notice.....nice.
In case some of you need a rah rah more than a commission.
----------------------------
TODAY, Thursday, February 4 at 3:15pm ET the White House and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services will host a stakeholder call to give an update on the 2016 Open Enrollment period. Valerie Jarrett, Senior Advisor to the President and Secretary Sylvia M. Burwell will deliver remarks on the call.

WHEN: Thursday, February 4 at 3:15 pm ET

CALL: 888-390-0980

PASSCODE: 6721672

That was pathetic............................

At least we had some professional sounding agents asking the right question about commissions disappearing.
The response was the pathetic part.

Brand new HC.gov reps get paid to enroll........check
Brand new Navigators get paid with other tax payer money..........check
CAC's.........check

Veteran agent(s) with decade(s) of experience........NADA

Makes sense to me. Poor consumers.

Back