• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Did You Get Paid? Please Answer. Serious Question.

kennguyen111

I was wondering if an agent who meets all the requirement (FFM certificate, appointment with carriers, active license, ect...) get paid from assisting people enroll in Obamacare ?
I know this may sound like a stupid questions, but I feel so skeptical about this. I like Humana, but It only cover Jefferson parish in Louisiana. For other parts in Louisiana, I use LAHC, and their website for agent/broker suck. They don't have link connect to the marketplace, I have to enroll my client directly. I was never able to log in broker portal once on LAHC web site !
How am i getting credit for my work, just by putting my FFM user Id and NPN number on client's application?
Even after I put my information in the Apps, I can't represent my client, the marketplace people keep saying I am not authorized while I clearly see myself authorized when i logged in their account on Healthcare.gov.
I have client want to enroll in Obamacare everyday, but I don't want to waste 3 months of my time for nothing.
If any agent get paid from Obamacare, Please share with me. How much did you make? how long do you have to wait to receive your commission?
Give me some motivation to keep doing Obamacare.
Thanks,

I was wondering if an agent who meets all the requirement (FFM certificate, appointment with carriers, active license, ect...) get paid from assisting people enroll in Obamacare ?
I know this may sound like a stupid questions, but I feel so skeptical about this. I like Humana, but It only cover Jefferson parish in Louisiana. For other parts in Louisiana, I use LAHC, and their website for agent/broker suck. They don't have link connect to the marketplace, I have to enroll my client directly. I was never able to log in broker portal once on LAHC web site !
How am i getting credit for my work, just by putting my FFM user Id and NPN number on client's application?
Even after I put my information in the Apps, I can't represent my client, the marketplace people keep saying I am not authorized while I clearly see myself authorized when i logged in their account on Healthcare.gov.
I have client want to enroll in Obamacare everyday, but I don't want to waste 3 months of my time for nothing.
If any agent get paid from Obamacare, Please share with me. How much did you make? how long do you have to wait to receive your commission?
Thanks,

I've gotten paid for all of my marketplace plans. They've been coming through about 1-2 months after the initial enrollment depending on how soon the company gets paid.

Thanks,

Yes, the marketplace will pass along your FFM and NPN, and you will eventually get paid.
Commissions differ by carrier and state.

Thanks,

Getting paid because you are the agent and being the authorized representative are two different things entirely-in order to be the authorized representative you have to get the client on the phone with the Marketplace and have the client authorize it.

Back