Leaf_5522

Hello. I’m a dietitian and I'm setting up my own business involving online counselling. Do you think that any health insurance plans would cover the cost for me to use some of a client’s payment to buy me access to a research article that is related to the client's care? If yes, can I just describe this in a general way in the client's receipt, such as "$40 for dietitian services (such as a follow up session) on June 2, 2023"?

Thank you.

My business would mainly involve online counselling and I'll sometimes need to read research articles (studies) to learn how to best help my clients. Some articles are free, but sometimes there's about a $35 cost per article to access certain articles. If a client sends me one larger payment and they want me to access one article, I was thinking of using about $35 to get me access to the article and the rest of the money could be used for my services (e.g. a short video call).

If a client wants me to access several articles, then I may need to use all of their payment towards getting me access to the articles.

My business would mainly involve online counselling and I'll sometimes need to read research articles (studies) to learn how to best help my clients. Some articles are free, but sometimes there's about a $35 cost per article to access certain articles. If a client sends me one larger payment and they want me to access one article, I was thinking of using about $35 to get me access to the article and the rest of the money could be used for my services (e.g. a short video call).

If a client wants me to access several articles, then I may need to use all of their payment towards getting me access to the articles.
Just message the writer directly. They will almost always send you their paper for free.

That being said, they wrote the article and deserve to get paid for it.

Back