different rates in different states

Glad to hear that. I had the pleasure of meeting quite a few people from F.E. Warren during Guardian Challenge. I was stationed at Vandenberg AFB.

thats cool

i am prior military and my husband actually lived at vandenburg for awhile when he was young -- military brat

how long were you in? and what made you decide insurance?

maryjd123 said:
thats cool

i am prior military and my husband actually lived at vandenburg for awhile when he was young -- military brat

how long were you in? and what made you decide insurance?

I was in the USAF from 1999-2007. 4 years of active, 4 years inactive. I still have a few months left before they can call me back in :) As for insurance, long long story. I was pursuing my B.S. in Psychology while I was in the USAF and had planned to work towards obtaining my Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology to become a therapist when I got out. Upon working my tail off to get into graduate school the desire ended when I was interviewed w/ the Dean of Psychology. Let's just say that her and me did not see eye to eye and I was not about to spend $100,000 and 5-6 years of my life at a college that I was not comfortable attending.

I then toyed with the idea of getting my M.S. in Psychology and then I had an ephifany. I should test out a sales position because I had wanted to do that for quite some time and put graduate school on hold until later. A few sales jobs (mattresses, home improvement products, etc.) later landed me at NASE and from there I went independent with the guidance and support of family and friends (thank you John, Kris, Kyle and Dave).

I am quite content and look forward to a long and rewarding career helping small business owners relieve stress and protect their assets by having a sound health insurance plan. We shall see in 10 or so years if I still want to be a therapist.

-J.R.

thats great to hear -- good job! --- my husband is looking at all of his options right now -- we will know after the surgery ( again ) here in March -- he will be past his 20 year mark in July of 07 -- so we will look to retire -- but depends on his surgery for his medboard as to how he will retire -- whether its medically or the normal way
He was a recruiter for 9 years so I am hoping that he will become a health recruiter -- we have checked out many companies and it looks really promising -- he wants the base pay with the commission - we were discussing his getting his insurance license and doing what i am doing - but im not sure if i could handle that -- i like the fact that i can do what i need to do during the day -- thats my own time -- whenever he is off work - i seem to never get anything done workwise -- again one of the reasons i am so glad to have this job -- i can work one to two days a week and be done with 10 to 12 appointments -- since his first surgery i have been so thankful that i have this opportunity -- anywhere else i would of been fired

Back