• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Direct Mail For FE Using $25k-$50k

theinsuranceman

Guru
1000 Post Club
The usual adage for direct mail for FE is to mail to $0k-$50k or $15k-$50k. Has anyone mailed to the $25k-$50k crowd?

If so could you please share your results...% response, no bank acc't. situations, closing % any better or worse, persistency change if any, etc.

I've done both.

Expect a significantly lower response rate with the upper income bands. Also expect to have less problems with no bank accounts, not enough income to pay premiums, etc.

Also expect a better book of business with less headaches......and you will make less money.

All of which is fairly obvious.

I've done both.

Expect a significantly lower response rate with the upper income bands. Also expect to have less problems with no bank accounts, not enough income to pay premiums, etc.

Also expect a better book of business with less headaches......and you will make less money.

All of which is fairly obvious.

How does less bank problems, Less money problems and a better book of business?

Not sure what your question is, but what I am saying is you will have less:

customers who bounce checks/drafts

customers with no bank accounts

issues, generally, with payors.............thats what I mean by a "better" book of business.

You will also close less business if you limit your demographics to $20-$50k.

Folks on the lower end of the income scale tend not to be shoppers.....for any product, much less LI, because they lack the sophistication and therefore the negotiating ability.

Last edited:
Back