Disregard

rosieposey

I recently submitted an application for my P&C insurance license in GA. But, my application was forwarded to the legal division for review from 2 tickets I received 5 years ago that I believed to be expunged from my record. When I went to retrieve the requested documents such as the order of expungement from the court clerk, they were only able to give me a letter saying that all records had been destroyed. The second ticket, when I went to retrieve the documents from the second court clerk, was said that it had been cleared but they still had the record in the system. The charges expunged were for 'Criminal Impersonation' for using a fake ID at a bar when I was 19. The charges that are still present were for 'Underage Consumption and Possession of Alcohol Under the Legal Age'. I have since completely changed my life and was also asked to submit a letter explaining the charges and why they were not disclosed on my application - which they were not disclosed because I was informed originally that both charges were expunged and cleared from my record. I explained all of this in my letter I returned with the requested documents. Is this grounds for denial of my license? My current employment is dependent on whether I receive my license in the next 30 days...

I think a letter of explanation should work but your prospective employer may feels differently about the offer made to you unless you have been upfront with them as well

So questions 14 and 15 are ever questions. Nowhere does it say anything about expungement or record restriction, the new term in Georgia.

Also, your attestment on the application was false.

https://www.gjp.org/programs/criminal-records/faqs/faqs-expungements/

Were it me I would beg and plead that I had no idea and hope they take pity on you. Should you get your license, I do advise you always disclose this going forward. It may slow down appointments however, it means they can't use it later to revoke your contract if and when they find out.

First these were convictions, not tickets.

Second, expunging your record removes these items when a non government entity checks, but for any government entity (DRE, DOI, etc) it still shows up.

Latest posts

Back