Do Medicare Advantage and retiree ppo health ins coordinate?

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
With mapd is mapd primary and retiree ppo health secondary? I know original Medicare and ppo retiree health coordinate.

in theory yes.

but my recommendation is don't do it.
I understand . I have a situation were I wrote a guy that uses the Va for almost everything . Occasionally the Va sends him outside . I put him on an honor plan . I’ve come to find out he also has a retiree ppo plan . So when he went to the dr before g never got billed as original Medicare and the ppo paid . He’s getting a bill now were he owes $90 because the MA honor didn’t pay it all . My question is should we tell the drs office to bill his ppo for the difference to coordinate? The Va is supposed to pay all charges outside what his ins pays as they referred him outside . He didn’t go on his own

I understand . I have a situation were I wrote a guy that uses the Va for almost everything . Occasionally the Va sends him outside . I put him on an honor plan . I’ve come to find out he also has a retiree ppo plan . So when he went to the dr before g never got billed as original Medicare and the ppo paid . He’s getting a bill now were he owes $90 because the MA honor didn’t pay it all . My question is should we tell the drs office to bill his ppo for the difference to coordinate? The Va is supposed to pay all charges outside what his ins pays as they referred him outside . He didn’t go on his own
Yes

Back