Do You Leave a Message when Cold Calling for Auto?

I call on businesses, which means that the majority of my calls are sent to voicemail, so I leave a voicemail.

For one, every now and again I actually get a cal back and set a meeting.

More importantly, it may be 10 minutes in between getting a decision maker on the phone, so leaving a message keeps me warmed up.

EDIT: I just realized that you are calling for auto. I would probably use a prerecorded message for VM's in that case.

Last edited:
I call on businesses, which means that the majority of my calls are sent to voicemail, so I leave a voicemail.

For one, every now and again I actually get a cal back and set a meeting.

More importantly, it may be 10 minutes in between getting a decision maker on the phone, so leaving a message keeps me warmed up.

EDIT: I just realized that you are calling for auto. I would probably use a prerecorded message for VM's in that case.

Do you have an estimate on how often you get called back when leaving a pre-recorded voicemail vs one that is personalized?

Do you have an estimate on how often you get called back when leaving a pre-recorded voicemail vs one that is personalized?

lol isn't a pre-recorded voicemail to consumer against the law? I'd not say that in an open forum if it is...

lol isn't a pre-recorded voicemail to consumer against the law? I'd not say that in an open forum if it is...

I believe you're thinking of a recording for when someone answers the phone (ie "press 1 if you're interested in learning more about insurance"). Dropping a 1 click voicemail that's been prerecorded is perfectly legal.

You know what, that's a good question. Since most dialers have that feature I have just assumed that it is ok. I leave my own voicemails, I have never needed to do the research.

----------

No problem. When you leave a personalized voicemail are you making it unique for each person, or just dropping their name before clicking to leave a prerecorded one.

How often do you get call backs from your voice mails?

Unique "live" VM for each person, you can see in my original response that I do that more for my own benefit, than actually expecting a call.

I would say that somewhere between 2%-5% actually call me back, and out of those about half have their assistant call and thank me for the call, and tell me that they are not a prospect.

Surprisingly I get a few that have called back and were open to meeting.

Latest posts

Back