Do you sell Med Sups, MAPD, or both?

Do you prefer to sell Med Sup or MAPD?

• Total voters
As a new agent I find myself selling both equally.I do push medsupps if they can afford it, and after explaining the difference those that can do go forward with medsupps.My main
problem is spending 2hrs on average face to face with each client. I try to get a feel of their financial circumstances, so that I can just focus on one or the other, but they always ask the difference and I find myself doing Medicare 101.One client was a life agent
and he didn't get that partB was in addition to his prem. payment. I don't mind explaining because I want them to keep it and have a clear understanding,but I am used to wrapping things up a lot sooner.When I do a life app, takes way less time.Any tips are appreciated.
Also most of them already have the book from Medicare.gov and have read it but they are more confused after reading.

I spend on average an hour and half with people that are new to Medicare when I am not selling over the phone (Face to Face). I sell mostly supps but had a husband and wife in my office one wanted a MAPD and the other wanted a MAPD so that's what we did.

I mainly do seminars for T65 and have clients come to my office (during certain periods of year we also have a telemarketer on the dialer setting appointments).

In my office I spend an hour and a half with them. While they are in my office we use a quoting tool to show them the most competitive companies. With showing them all the carriers and the time we spent it has been a winning recipe for our agency. I know many people on the forum will say this is not a good use of time, but I will tell you our agency gets a ton of referrals because we spend so much time with our clients face to face.

I had a physician come to a T65 seminar of mine 4 months ago and he is has already referred 4 clients to me(He had a lot of prescriptions and we helped him get the prescriptions from Canada (he now hands out my cards to his clients). So Medicare is a slow build its really hard to make a lot of money right away. You really need to be patient and put a system into place that gets you in front of alot of folks or you need to be on the phone dialing or buying leads. When we are not doing seminars we calling rural areas for Med Supps on the phone.

Everybody successful Medicare producer on the forum will do things differently and are better at certain aspects of Medicare and cross selling.

Wow you guys are nuts. 2 hours I’d go crazy lol
My initial F2F is 30-45 max. No plan info is mentioned. Just education. Next appt, about 1-3 months down the road I go out and sign them up.

45 min plus drive time plus 30 min probably works out to about 1 in-office 1.5 hr appt.

Wow you guys are nuts. 2 hours I’d go crazy lol
My initial F2F is 30-45 max. No plan info is mentioned. Just education. Next appt, about 1-3 months down the road I go out and sign them up.

Mine is the opposite. An hour for the first meeting, then 30 minutes later over the phone.

Devin...how are you getting people to your seminars? Mail? TM?

Yeah if it’s just one appt in your office thats sweet. I’m meeting my clients 5,6 and 7 months out so I can’t sign them up if I wanted to

My business is all by phone. No F2F. No paper apps.

Initial phone call 20 - 30 minutes. Follow up phone call about 5, then I write the app.

I never ask what they can afford. While my clients are mostly middle income, price is rarely the issue. Certainly isn't the primary focus.

I present the facts and , if necessary, explain the difference in the way MA works vs OM + Medigap. They pick the Medigap. I take the app.

Since I switched over to Medicare I can probably count on one hand the number of folks who told me they could not afford a Medigap premium.

Since I switched over to Medicare I can probably count on one hand the number of folks who told me they could not afford a Medigap premium.

I have 4 friends who can't afford a Medigap premium. I'll have them call you so you can use your other hand to count.

Rick

Back