Do You Sell/quote Over Phone or Try to Get Appointment

Agreed. There are many ways to do what we do.

No doubt. I am sure many of us specialize in different marketplaces, types of sales, process, business model, and so on. Sure, at the end of the day, it's the sale of a life insurance product -- but the process can vary greatly. It can range from a simple sale of a product, a commodity, to a sophisticated consulting process where many types of products/coverage is secured. Both are needed and are a very important asset to our clients.

No doubt. I am sure many of us specialize in different marketplaces, types of sales, process, business model, and so on. Sure, at the end of the day, it's the sale of a life insurance product -- but the process can vary greatly. It can range from a simple sale of a product, a commodity, to a sophisticated consulting process where many types of products/coverage is secured. Both are needed and are a very important asset to our clients.

I do things today I could not even imagine 30 years ago. I do some things the same. Some I stopped doing and am doing again. Last year my biggest case was by phone (mid five$) 20 miles from here, my smallest ($60) was F2F over a hundred mile from here. There were strong reasons for doing it the way I did. As Independent business men we have the freedom to choose and change as needed.

The important thing is not what the agent prefers, it is what is the type of communication that the client prefers.

You'd be wrong. The agent is the one soliciting business. If I solicit over the phone vs. F2F then I'll be writing business that way. If I go door to door, then I'd be writing in person.

Welcome to the forum.

Rick

The important thing is not what the agent prefers, it is what is the type of communication that the client prefers.

That would be quite wrong.

Generally you are going to work with like minded people. Meaning, they are going to be the people that respond to you and your communication style. You can't please everyone, so focus on the people who want to work with you, and that means like to communicate in ways you are comfortable.

Back