Doctors taking Medicare but not Medigap?

Which doesn't make sense. How would they know if you paid the deductible or not? And if Medicare hasn't repriced yet, do they just estimate?
True. They'll send you a bill for the deductible, but if no Med Supp, they might want 20% at time of appointment.

When we get recorded reminders for appointments, they always say to be prepared to pay any copays. We also get a reminder in the mail. They know who my Med Supp is with and it says my copay will be $0.00.

Which doesn't make sense. How would they know if you paid the deductible or not? And if Medicare hasn't repriced yet, do they just estimate?

If you have Part B original Medicare but no Med Supp/Medigap, aren't you on the hook for 20% of the Medicare repriced amount?

Edit
My post crossed with goillini52's
end edit

I have to show my card too. They want to know if you've got a Med Supp. If not, they want a copay.

I never carry my card . . . a few places ask, then tell me to bring it next time . . . which I never do. A few got snippy but no one has refused to let me in to see the doc.

My dermatologist always asks for a copay and I tell them Medicare won't allow me to pay anything until they have adjudicated and approved the claim. The first time it happened the lady said "WE don't do it that way, we ALWAYS collect before you leave". I told her I was not paying but would report this to Medicare . . . she never asked me to pay again.

How would they know if you paid the deductible or not? And if Medicare hasn't repriced yet, do they just estimate?

Some offices check to see if I have met my deductible. If I haven't a few have asked me to pay my deductible in full, and of course I refuse.

Deductibles are not usually met in order of your treatment. Medicare adjudicates claims according to date received, not the date the claim was incurred.

And as Scott mentioned, you have no idea how Medicare will reprice the claim, or if they will even allow it. There is absolutely no reason to pay a claim until after Medicare adjudicates and your gap carrier has paid.

My first OV this year was 1/10 . . . my dermatologist. They billed Medicare $481, Medicare approved $160 and applied that to my deductible. They billed me on 3/14 and I paid the day I received the bill in the mail.

Back