Documenting Legacy Systems

Anton

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so hope this is allow. Apologies if not.

I'm a technologist in the health insurance industry and couldn't help but notice that each company I worked for had a substantial amount of old software where the knowledge on how to support or change it existed only in the heads of one or two people.
Now that I'm also studying, part-time, for a MSc in Professional Computing; I have decided to investigate the state of system documentation, within the health insurance sector, and what can be done to improve it without requiring significant investment of time from the responsible team.

So, I'm hoping you can all help me gain more information in this area. If you work in the insurance sector and with older applications. Your input could be invaluable to my research and could really help the industry improve the effectiveness of knowledge sharing. It would only require the completion of a survey.

It's a short google forms survey (Documentation of your core application) and is completely anonymous. I'd really appreciate any one willing to spend a few minutes to complete this survey and help me improve this part of the industry.

Many thanks,

Anton

Hi All,
Sadly no response to the above yet. I appreciate we all dislike surveys, but it would really help with my University project and is a short survey.

I'm looking for a little goodwill and some minutes of your time as we approach the season of goodwill. So if you don't think you're suitable to complete the survey, but know someone working in finance / insurance who might; please share the link with them.

Many thanks,

Anton

Back