Does any company sell Major Hospital only plans ?

I never figured out why ANYONE would feel a need for a hospital indemnity plan.

But I suppose that should be a separate thread.

I never figured out why ANYONE would feel a need for a hospital indemnity plan.

But I suppose that should be a separate thread.
Back in the old days, we sold them as a way to replace your lost income if you were hospitalized.. Now, they are being sold more to cover the ever increasing deductibles on people's major med or their MA plans... Some are being sold in lieu of major medical but, to me, that is a dangerous way to sell it..

Back in the old days, we sold them as a way to replace your lost income if you were hospitalized.. Now, they are being sold more to cover the ever-increasing deductibles on people's major med or their MA plans... Some are being sold in lieu of major medical but, to me, that is a dangerous way to sell it..
Completely agree with you, rousemark. I most commonly use them to offset ded/oopm costs and other day to day costs the individual or family incurs. Hospital only indemnity is never a good idea in place of major medical. There are more robust indemnity plans that cover everything from office visits to hospitalizations (unlimited days) that in SOME cases you might be able to get away with without other coverage. I don't ever sell indem. only to a client but that's all i have on myself. I understand the risk...but am not comfortable putting clients at that level of risk.

Anyone who looks at claims will know that the majority of expenses, especially on large claims, are incurred OUTSIDE of the hospital, not as an inpatient.

You guys can fight among yourselves if you want. I have never sold HIP coverage and never will.

Agents that approach my clients will never talk them into buying HIP. Every client that has asked if they should keep their HIP ends up dropping it.

Carry on . . .

What 58 yr old person can afford $1000 a month for a regular major med with a $2k deductible?My brother and his wife in their late 50's pay $340 a month total for a christian policy . i told him your in trouble if you get sick but he's going to take a chance

Back