Does any Med supp allow a transfer from N to G without Underwriting?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
The answer is probably No, but I just thought that I would ask.
I have a longtime MAPD mb who is not T65 (she has been on SSDI Medicare). Since she has multiple conditions and has been getting the run-around from her PCP, I think that she is a good prospect for Med Supp. I gave her very specific examples of some of my costlier MAPD mb situations and pitched Plan N to her over the phone in case she was too price sensitive. Once I get to her home, I'll pitch the G, but use the N as a backup. If she goes with Plan N, how hard would it be to get her to Plan G with AARP Med Supp if she wishes to change at a later time?

I know they used to allow that, However I feel like, I remember them stopping that a few years ago

UHC has been discontinuing the "no underwriting" internal move to another plan over the past few years. I don't know which states may or may not still allow that type of move.

To my knowledge, they were the only carrier that had this feature. I believe it was handled administratively, not contractually.

Best to ask UHC direct.

Why would you confuse the woman by pitching one plan by phone then another when you are F2F? Present the plan you feel is best and let her decide if she can afford it or not.

You mention multiple health conditions, do you know if she can be underwritten and approved standard? Are you prepared to pitch her again if approved at level 2?

Sometime the "easy" initial sale, in this case MAPD, can blow up on you if it was not a good fit from the start.

I gave her very specific examples of some of my costlier MAPD mb situations and pitched Plan N to her over the phone in case she was too price sensitive. Once I get to her home, I'll pitch the G, but use the N as a backup.

Why would you confuse the woman by pitching one plan by phone then another when you are F2F? Present the plan you feel is best and let her decide if she can afford it or not.

somarco's response was pretty much my thought (as a consumer) when I read op's initial post.

I had this experience with an agent last spring (again as a consumer) and I did not appreciate it, but I finally decided I should not respond to the thread's post and let it go.

I appreciate seeing another agent raise the point.

UHC has been discontinuing the "no underwriting" internal move to another plan over the past few years. I don't know which states may or may not still allow that type of move.

To my knowledge, they were the only carrier that had this feature. I believe it was handled administratively, not contractually.

Best to ask UHC direct.

You mention multiple health conditions, do you know if she can be underwritten and approved standard? Are you prepared to pitch her again if approved at level 2?

Sometime the "easy" initial sale, in this case MAPD, can blow up on you if it was not a good fit from the start.

Best to ask UHC direct.

She did not qualify for a Med Supp before because she was U65. Now that she’s T65 in September (my typo said “NOT 65”).

doesn’t thst qualify her for the Open Enrollment Period?
I would have certainly pitched a Med Supp to her when I first met her if she had qualified.
If she understands the Plan N, no reason why she wouldn’t understand Plan G- it’s not Astro science.
As you said, whichever she is comfortable with.

Latest posts

Back