Does any Med supp allow a transfer from N to G without Underwriting?

For UHC - take these steps:
(a) Agent handbook - you need to know when the original policy was effective.
(b) Check the rate tables. All of them. Don't assume internal plan changes get current new rates. They have a special chart for plan changes.
(c) be sure to follow the app process. I believe the app has its own kit (which may be where the secret plan change chart is). If I'm remembering correctly, it needs to be a paper app, not LEAN.

For UHC - take these steps:
(a) Agent handbook - you need to know when the original policy was effective.
(b) Check the rate tables. All of them. Don't assume internal plan changes get current new rates. They have a special chart for plan changes.
(c) be sure to follow the app process. I believe the app has its own kit (which may be where the secret plan change chart is). If I'm remembering correctly, it needs to be a paper app, not LEAN.
I've only done it a few times and it's been at least 2 yrs since I had a client want to do it, but I just remember it being less cut and dry than expected, so check the resources first.

Certainly would not pitch this

If it were a client in a situation the yes I would deal with it

just no need to create expectation

Most of all,, Its subject to change, I would not want to deal with client, I have told this too 5 years later and they are no longer doing it

Last edited:
Its according to carrier, but in this instance... almost universally NO.

Reason being, the doctor office copay. The only time a comp will allow a no-underwriting change is when going from a greater benefit plan to a lesser. In the case of N to G, the lack of a copay is considered a greater benefit.

Its according to carrier, but in this instance... almost universally NO.

Reason being, the doctor office copay. The only time a comp will allow a no-underwriting change is when going from a greater benefit plan to a lesser. In the case of N to G, the lack of a copay is considered a greater benefit.

Caveat, not an agent.

You probably ought to reread the thread. Op is looking for exceptions to that general rule and the thread indicates one existed in the past. (That exception has been discussed here in the past.) One reply indicates the exception still exists in one state. No one has provided a specific answer as to whether that specific exception was, or is still, present in op's state.

Back