Does Anyone Offer CRM Customization Services?

thenxtgrt1

Expert
I'd be interested to know if anyone offers this service? I'm looking pretty closely at vtiger right now, but open to just about anything at this point.

I will be selling P&C and Life.

Let me clarify. All CRMs can be customized. This is understood. I would be interested to know if someone provides specific service of doing the customization.

I use Salesforce and have highly customized it. Have you looked at Radius | Lead Management + CRM for Insurance Agents | Convert Leads. Manage Clients. Grow Revenue. ? It is already customized and you can easily tweak it further.

Another suggestion is to read through AL3's posts regarding SugarCRM of which vTiger is a fork. vTiger uses Amazon for storage whereas Salesforce owns and runs their own datacenters. I've never had a minute's trouble with them in 3 years.

I'm doing a free trial of Salesforce right now and will see how the system can be pinpointed to how I need it.

I'm going to speak to Radius on Monday. But it seems like they specialize in life and health.

vTiger uses Amazon for storage whereas Salesforce owns and runs their own datacenters. I've never had a minute's trouble with them in 3 years.

That's not quite true. My vTiger is hosted at a datacenter as well. In fact, Amazon has their own data centers, probably bigger than the ones salesforce runs.

On key difference between salesforce and vTiger is that salesforce is proprietary and owned by them, vTiger is open source and anyone can offer it.

Josh said:
That's not quite true. My vTiger is hosted at a datacenter as well. In fact, Amazon has their own data centers, probably bigger than the ones salesforce runs.

On key difference between salesforce and vTiger is that salesforce is proprietary and owned by them, vTiger is open source and anyone can offer it.

I hated salesforce. I gave it a solid 6 months but it just never seemed intuitive. I switched to Simple Sales Tracking & CRM Software - Online CRM Software | PipelineDeals and love it.

For a larger P&C shop, vTiger won't work well (my opinion). Salesforce doesn't work well either, but again, thats my opinion.

Why?

With P&C, you need carrier downloads into your CRM system. While small, you can avoid this, but as you grow, its almost a requirement. The alternative is more customer service time, which actually costs more.

I love the vTiger model, but overall, its pretty slow and clunky to use. It seems to be getting better, but every time I get frustrated with other CRM's, and go back to try vTiger, I quickly get frustrated with the overall slowness of it. If I didn't use other services then I might not notice this so much.

You need to be clear about what you need and what you want. Attaching documents for P&C is a must (most CRM's allow this), tracking emails, prospect status, client status, scheduling followups, etc are all pretty much mandatory.

Carrier downloads are a nice thing.

Filling out accord forms is very helpful, especially if you sell commercial.

Printing receipts for payments and tracking those is nice (usually not necessary though).

Tracking renewals / xdates / etc is an almost must once you build a prospect list / client base.

For P&C, its always a tradeoff from doing something like Doris Online (very targeted for P&C), Hawksoft, Quomation, or any of the other agency management style CRM's, vs trying to save a few dollars upfront and using something like vTiger or SugarCRM, or any of the other low cost or free CRM systems out there.

Dan

For a larger P&C shop, vTiger won't work well (my opinion). Salesforce doesn't work well either, but again, thats my opinion.

Why?

With P&C, you need carrier downloads into your CRM system. While small, you can avoid this, but as you grow, its almost a requirement. The alternative is more customer service time, which actually costs more.

I love the vTiger model, but overall, its pretty slow and clunky to use. It seems to be getting better, but every time I get frustrated with other CRM's, and go back to try vTiger, I quickly get frustrated with the overall slowness of it. If I didn't use other services then I might not notice this so much.

You need to be clear about what you need and what you want. Attaching documents for P&C is a must (most CRM's allow this), tracking emails, prospect status, client status, scheduling followups, etc are all pretty much mandatory.

Carrier downloads are a nice thing.

Filling out accord forms is very helpful, especially if you sell commercial.

Printing receipts for payments and tracking those is nice (usually not necessary though).

Tracking renewals / xdates / etc is an almost must once you build a prospect list / client base.

For P&C, its always a tradeoff from doing something like Doris Online (very targeted for P&C), Hawksoft, Quomation, or any of the other agency management style CRM's, vs trying to save a few dollars upfront and using something like vTiger or SugarCRM, or any of the other low cost or free CRM systems out there.

Dan

Are any of the agency management style CRMs geared more toward smaller or 1 person agency? It seems like Doris and Vertafore's Instar may fit this category.

I use a CRM & Commissions accounting application that is totally customized. The developer is offering the CRM part with an email blast at a one time reasonable price. A Relationship Managers - CRM Applications Landing Page is the web site. It is a CRM to do: "You need to be clear about what you need and what you want. Attaching documents for P&C is a must (most CRM's allow this), tracking emails, prospect status, client status, scheduling followups, etc are all pretty much mandatory." It is not agency management software.

HTH

Back