Does Keyword Density Matter?

Yes, it is really important. Once your keyword is not visible in any part of your page(content, header tags, permalinks(URL), then you won't rank in most search engines. But don't overdo it, it might look "spammy" if you have lots of keywords on your page. There is a 2-7% keyword density range.

Always create your content for your reader first and SEO second. Or like learninsurance mentioned you will look spammy and that is no good.

yea right......the public does not even read their policy's let alone blogs about insurance......

So why did you delete all my posts?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Create linkbait content and you will do just fine. Top 10 lists always get social links. In the content simply connect the top 10 list into the field you are trying to promote

Last edited:
hi i had a keyword density of below 1% and still ranked well. I took it to 2% and my listing plummeted. I dont know if it could have been other factors?
I put up the original content and its slowly beginning to recover. The best advice i can give is write good content and just use your keyword naturally throughout the article. Use it in the h1 and h2 tag and title and description and url.

hi i had a keyword density of below 1% and still ranked well. I took it to 2% and my listing plummeted. I dont know if it could have been other factors?
I put up the original content and its slowly beginning to recover. The best advice i can give is write good content and just use your keyword naturally throughout the article. Use it in the h1 and h2 tag and title and description and url.

Yes, I agree with you. Just make it natural, don't focus on keyword density and just make sure that you place all of your keywords in the right place. Regarding the tweak you have done on your content, it takes time to recover since most search engines are weighing ranks from a lot of different signals or factors.

Back