Does Maximum Daily Budget Affect PPC Rankings?

BlockO

Guru
1000 Post Club
I understand that the main factor in PPC rankings is the click-through-rate (CTR) multiplied by the bid per click. I get that.

but I wonder if the maximum daily bid has any influence at all on the rankings?

for example (assuming both CTR's are the same): Agent A bids $2.00 per click while agent B only bids $1.00 per click on the same keyword phrase. However, agent A has a maximum daily budget of only $6, while agent B has a maximum daily budget of $20. (I'm sure you see where I'm going with this question.....)

how much (if any) does the daily budget factor in?

I don't know. Why would the site with a lower PPC get more traffic?

I just came off of a 4 month PPC which yielded me very little.

Aside from Quality Score there's also Ad Rank...

I don't see how someone can run a serious PPC campaign and have time to sell insurance while staying abreast on their products.

My advice is to choose one or the other. If you have the pockets hire someone to do it for you, otherwise use easier marketing methods.

Aside from Quality Score there's also Ad Rank...

I don't see how someone can run a serious PPC campaign and have time to sell insurance while staying abreast on their products.

My advice is to choose one or the other. If you have the pockets hire someone to do it for you, otherwise use easier marketing methods.

I would not trust anyone to run my PPC campaigns unless they GUARANTEE results. I do run a serious PPC campaign and still have time to sell and stay on top of products. SEO well thats another story

I would not trust anyone to run my PPC campaigns unless they GUARANTEE results. I do run a serious PPC campaign and still have time to sell and stay on top of products. SEO well thats another story

What constitutes a serious campaign? 5-10K a day? 50-400 leads a day?

I've noticed many people on the Internet embellish their numbers... Just curious.

What constitutes a serious campaign? 5-10K a day? 50-400 leads a day?

I've noticed many people on the Internet embellish their numbers... Just curious.

5-10 k per day? cmon now. What agents here could handle that if any? My monthly PPC budget is over 12k and to me thats alot of coin.

Cheers,
Joe

pangea, based on the numbers you mentioned, I'm not even in the ballpark of a serious campaign. I'm small time. I took over a small agency a year and a half ago. I'm only looking for adwords to supplement the sales my site already gets organically, which is only 1 or 2 sales per week but gradually increasing as the site gets older.

5K a day? Are you kidding? I'm re-launching an adwords campaign in October. And my budget plans are more along the lines of 5K per year!

$100 a week will get me about 50-60 clicks, which will get about 20 quote requests, which hopefully will lead to 3-5 sales. that may sound like chump change to you. but done consistently over 2-3 years, would bring in a 6 figure income in 2-3 years even with a mediocre retention rate.

It depends on the performance of your ads in different metrics such as Click-through rate, impressions, conversion, bounce rate, and many more. But bidding a high budget compared to your competitors is still a good way to get higher ranking position of your ads.

Your daily PPC budget does not affect your rank in the listings. Daily budget only affects the length of time your ad is displayed. When your daily budget is depleted your ad no longer displays for the rest of that day.

Your CTR% x bid per click determines your rank for PPC and also determines your price per click.

Last edited:
Back