Does My MGA and FMO Suck?

So from some of the threads I've posted and the replies I have received it seems that my GA and FMO suck. Many other people have said they were given training, I got 2 1/2 days in the office and was left to fend for myself. Granted, I can ask anyone in the office a question, but on the whole they have made this business 100% self-study.

I'm not looking to be babied or for someone to hold my hand but could I be more successful somewhere else?

Last edited:
Before I read anything, I'm going to start with yes. Now time to read the OP.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Not enough information (at least on this thread).

What type of agency is it? What products? What type of leads? What commission levels?

Nothing that you're saying in and of itself is necessarily bad. If you're doing life insurance you should probably consider joining ILIAA.org to get some extra training (lots of webinars with great content). It's not a perfect organization, but it is something you can do at 1 in the morning. Also, as much as I truly love this forum, with ILIAA there is at least some level of vetting on the content before it gets put up for public consumption. There is both great information on this forum and fantastically terrible information and it can be difficult to figure out which is which. I don't flatly endorse everything on ILIAA, but overall the quality of the content on there is great.

Last edited:
What type of agency is it? What products? What type of leads? What commission levels?

I am definitely checking out ILIAA.org.

Our agency is Life and Health but just now getting into P&C. I sell Med-Sup, dental, FE, underwritten Life, LTC, and annuities. The leads (right now) are all from insurme/netquote. Commission levels are *apparently* the "highest" but I don't know how to accurately answer that question.

If they're paying for your leads, you're probably not getting a bad deal.

If they're paying for your leads, you're probably not getting a bad deal.

Unfortunately the only leads I get for "free" are T65 lists and most of the names don't have numbers so I use it for door knocks. I put Free in quotes because I'm sure somehow I still pay for it through my desk fee.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sounds like you need to go captive for a while until you learn the ropes.

I've thought about it but I don't want to lose the book I have, albeit a small one, but renewals start up in August :err:

Last edited:
You're paying a desk fee? That's starting to sound a bit more suspect.

Back