Does UHC MAPD still charge back for Plan changes within UHC?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
These are NEW to MAPD that will ultimately receive a plan change due to Dual status enrollment into Dual Complete DSNP. The UHC Commissions Dept told me that they DO, but I know that I did one last summer that was NOT charged back when I did the plan change during his first month of membership (I checked within 3 months after the initial effective date).
The old timer agents that I talk to ALL say that UHC does charge back, but they make so much $$ that they are really not scouring their statements and watching every penny like me :)

These are NEW to MAPD that will ultimately receive a plan change due to Dual status enrollment into Dual Complete DSNP. The UHC Commissions Dept told me that they DO, but I know that I did one last summer that was NOT charged back when I did the plan change during his first month of membership (I checked within 3 months after the initial effective date).
The old timer agents that I talk to ALL say that UHC does charge back, but they make so much $$ that they are really not scouring their statements and watching every penny like me :)

At least in florida they no longer charge back .UHC sent an email about this aprox. two years ago.

At least in florida they no longer charge back .UHC sent an email about this aprox. two years ago.

Go figure!! The ones that I talk to don’t seem to know that. The local agent managers are mostly as useless as teats on a boar hog. They would not know the answer to this question.

Go figure!! The ones that I talk to don’t seem to know that. The local agent managers are mostly as useless as teats on a boar hog. They would not know the answer to this question.

Over the years, it seems like the good local agent managers end up becoming agents, so you're not always working with tenured managers, unfortunately

The regional director brokers are atrocious and unknowlegable as hell. I’m talking across all co’s . It’s a disgrace people with 1 company for 10 yrs don’t know every single item with a company. Last yr i was told someone who never had been with Humana is full comp. Thats true . Something happened this past aep I didn’t;t understand . Had a guy i wrote 1/1/2021 . Never had Humana so full comp. Some phone rep moved him 10/1. I rewrote him 11/1 for 1/2022 effective date.His 10/1 the phone rep wrote him was a csnp. He never got the form filled out and they actually disenrolled him 12/1. He had no coverage the month of dec. On the app i wrote him 1/2022 i got full true up comp. I was told when someone leaves Humana and comes back over some period of time you get full trueup .

The regional director brokers are atrocious and unknowlegable as hell. I’m talking across all co’s . It’s a disgrace people with 1 company for 10 yrs don’t know every single item with a company. Last yr i was told someone who never had been with Humana is full comp. Thats true . Something happened this past aep I didn’t;t understand . Had a guy i wrote 1/1/2021 . Never had Humana so full comp. Some phone rep moved him 10/1. I rewrote him 11/1 for 1/2022 effective date.His 10/1 the phone rep wrote him was a csnp. He never got the form filled out and they actually disenrolled him 12/1. He had no coverage the month of dec. On the app i wrote him 1/2022 i got full true up comp. I was told when someone leaves Humana and comes back over some period of time you get full trueup .

You know if there are any carriers left that don’t prorate the true-up?

That has been my experience with all plans. They could be Medicare only for just one month and you would get True-Up Full Comp when you write it calculated to the end of the year. If the disenrolled person was left with a PDP (LIS assigned), it would be however many months left in the year multiplied by 2.

That has been my experience with all plans. They could be Medicare only for just one month and you would get True-Up Full Comp when you write it calculated to the end of the year. If the disenrolled person was left with a PDP (LIS assigned), it would be however many months left in the year multiplied by 2.

No I got full trueup on him 1/1/2021 . His Humana was replaced by another Humana 10/1/2021 and lapsed 12/1/2021 . I rewrote for 1/1/2022 and got full trueup a second time .

No I got full trueup on him 1/1/2021 . His Humana was replaced by another Humana 10/1/2021 and lapsed 12/1/2021 . I rewrote for 1/1/2022 and got full trueup a second time .

That's what I said. I just got one today. Clinic did not verify his Diabetes for the CSNP. so he was disenrolled 1-31-2022. He is now Medicare only (possibly LIS Part D) until March 1 when his "new" MAPD kicks in.
I will get paid either FULL amount ($574) or double of the remaining months of the year if he has an LIS Part auto-assigned Part D - (10 months) ($23.91) (2)= $478.20

Back