DOJ Delaying My License

tnks2hp

Expert
I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this post, but DOJ is "delaying" my license even though FBI has finished and passed my background check.

I have an 18 year old misdemeanor which I think may be the culprit. Although apparently FBI didn't think it was an issue.

Has anyone had this problem? How long does it take for them to give you an answer? It's been close to 4 weeks since I passed my exam.

Also does anyone know what is the procedure with these types of hiccups in your background?

I'm hoping to hear from someone who has been through this process.

Thanks

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this post, but DOJ is "delaying" my license even though FBI has finished and passed my background check.

I have an 18 year old misdemeanor which I think may be the culprit. Although apparently FBI didn't think it was an issue.

Has anyone had this problem? How long does it take for them to give you an answer? It's been close to 4 weeks since I passed my exam.

Also does anyone know what is the procedure with these types of hiccups in your background?

Thanks

I think it took 4 weeks to get my license without any hiccups....

Thanks

The FBI is a bureau in the Department of Justice. The DOJ does not exercise authority over individual producer licensing. If its being help up, its being held up by your states DOI.

The FBI is a bureau in the Department of Justice. The DOJ does not exercise authority over individual producer licensing. If its being help up, its being held up by your states DOI.

I spoke with DOI and they say they are waiting for DOJ's report.

If they would deny me at least I can appeal and go in front of the comissioner and explain the past, but I'm being held in limbo.

I guess all who have read my post haven't had any issues with their background to share with me :1confused: Or maybe they are embarressed.

I am not proud of my misdemeanor, but I was a kid with a documented psychiatric condition, and I didn't do anything that would harm anyone except myself. I'm still paying for it and don't have the funds at the moment to expunge it. I should have thought about that before!

Last edited:
I spoke with DOI and they say they are waiting for DOJ's report.

If they would deny me at least I can appeal and go in front of the comissioner and explain the past, but I'm being held in limbo.

I guess all who have read my post haven't had any issues with their background to share with me :1confused: Or maybe they are embarressed.

I am not proud of my misdemeanor, but I was a kid with a documented psychiatric condition, and I didn't do anything that would harm anyone except myself. I'm still paying for it and don't have the funds at the moment to expunge it. I should have thought about that before!

Don't sweat it, ALL DOI's have two speeds only.
Dead slow and stop

Back