Donepezil- Aricest

Resurrecting and old thread for a moment...

Ran into this very drug (Donepezil Hcl) today... wrote GI... still wondering if that's the only option... thoughts?

Have a client who's husband has been prescribed Namenda for memory loss, however his doctor told him he was not diagnosed as having Alzheimer's or Dementia.
I had a prospect whose Doctor put her on Aricept as a preventative because her Mom had Alzheimer’s

I had a prospect whose Doctor put her on Aricept as a preventative because her Mom had Alzheimer’s
I wonder how the underwriter would look at that since she wasn't diagnosed with it? :huh:

That's about like a woman having her breasts removed because her mother had breast cancer. :confused:

I wonder how the underwriter would look at that since she wasn't diagnosed with it? :huh:

That's about like a woman having her breasts removed because her mother had breast cancer. :confused:

Not really, one completely removes the problematic tissue, the other merely treats the symptoms and could serve to mask the disease.

I do not anticipate a happy claims experience for anyone trying to thread this needle of prescribed any Alzheimer's medications for prophylactic use. If death is inside the contestable period, I wouldn't be surprised if it is contested and denied.

This doesn't sound like standard practice. To my knowledge this drug is not classified as a preventative treatment, and therefore would be classified as a treatment medication of an on going condition.

The frustration on my end (as an agent) there appears to be little to no wiggle room when dealing with cognitive medications, though it is a progressive disease with multiple stages.

Back