Don't Panic!

I don't base my advise to agents who count on my recommendation on super star agents who make up 1% of the 1%.

Gotcha, John. I hope that it's advice that you give to agents when you advise them.;)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This is typical sales-manager BS. "We're screwing you over, but in the end you are going to enjoy it."

As I posted in another thread, it's mostly the people who don't SELL... but who recruit, train, run an association, or work for a GA or carrier... people who have a vested interest in convincing agents to work twice as hard for half as much who are posting all of this Pollyanna gibberish.

You folks would do well to read the Alan Katz blog on the subject, as well as the blog of our own Dave020.

Al

I think you have made a good point, Al. We should have a
section on the forum entitled "Platitudes." That way we can have all the Pollyana gibberish handy in one place.

Last edited:
Why stop there, how about the following sections?

1: Know it alls
2: Egomaniacs
3: Juveniles seeking attention by insulting others
4: Those that feign success while sitting on the forums all day

:D:nah:

I think you have made a good point, Al. We should have a
section on the forum entitled "Platitudes." That way we can have all the Pollyana gibberish handy in one place.

Why is this hard to believe? Because you can't or don't do it?

We have agents do that and more on a regular basis. In our back office we have a picture of the top agent of the day, posted for the week.

This week for instance, goes from a low of $4,152 (on Sunday) to a high of $36,796 (today) by one agent!

If you don't believe it I'd gladly do a web share and show you.

:yes:

outstanding.. whoever it is.. well done;)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
One thing is certain; selling only individual health insurance from your home as a way of making a living is over. Agents selling health insurance will either cross sell - hopefully life or they'll literally make half of what they earned last year, play WOW all day and live of their spouse's income.

I am actively telling agents wanting to come into this business that they will not earn enough of a living and absolutely not "six figures" only selling indie health.

The math is the math. 12% on average. Six figures only selling health would mean over 800K in volume places which is around a million submitted.

But that's half the math. The other half is most agents cannot come into this industry on as-earned commissions. They need the advances.

Write GR at 12% with a 6 month advance with a client costing around $100 and it's easy: 3K annual volume X .12 = $360 with $180 advanced - $100 marketing = $80 net.

Ain't gonna happen. And it's also not gonna happen throwing a few accident plans on the policy. It'll only happen cross selling term life.

I think new health agents can be successful selling Indy and Medicare Advantage or Med Supp. Cross selling Dental,Vision Life and FE and will help. I agree that new agents selling just Indy will struggle.

I dont understand the 100 marketing figure. please explain.

I believe there are quite a few agents on this forum capable of making 100k plus selling only Indy health.

Joe

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back