Don't Panic!

I agree.

Also, there is a phenomenon that occurs when people "buy in" to something that works, like replicating the success of others, it often creates better results.

This applies to anything in business and life for that matter.

Can a midget play basketball? Not for the NBA but perhaps somewhere, they could create a mini NBA if they simply wanted to and saw possibilities rather than obstacles.

Limits are what we put on ourselves and others when we simply don't see clearly.

We can all talk about the Maria Carrey's of the industry. The problem is when average singers with average talent and an average work ethic put a lot of time into a singing career because Maria is rich and successful.

Likewise I see a lot of pikers in this business putting in their solid "3 hour days" and can't understand why they don't have the same results as people who are up by 6am and finish up their emails before they go to bed.

Agents are limited by their internal drive, which is not going to change.

Training and support are necessary for agents who have a lot of drive and motivation. Without it, all the training in the world is useless.

Most people don't have internal drive. They wait for the whistle to blow at 5pm and can't get home fast enough. That's positive, not negative. For every person with a lot of drive we need 1,000 to work for them.

The truth is that due to most people's natural level of self-motivation there will never be any system in place where most independent agents will be even moderately successful.

The concept of internal drive is interesting. In HS and college, I had none of it. Despite high SATs, I was an average student.

After graduation, I came into the business and suddenly (and it has not changed 30 years later), I was that first guy in and last guy out of the office. I work at a feverish pace and if I stay healthy, will continue.

Is it money that drives people? Fear of failure? I have never figured that out.

Why is this hard to believe? Because you can't or don't do it?

We have agents do that and more on a regular basis. In our back office we have a picture of the top agent of the day, posted for the week.

This week for instance, goes from a low of $4,152 (on Sunday) to a high of $36,796 (today) by one agent!

If you don't believe it I'd gladly do a web share and show you.

:yes:

Thank you for you imput...Mr recruiter... I call a spade a spade.. I dont talk bull chit I call 'em as I see 'em

Change the word "agents" to the word "people"

Do people want to be successful? I think everyone does, but do they do everything that it takes?

They want to hit lotto, go to the drive through church, make instant coffee, etc.

You worked over a year on Agent Navigator, think that will succeed? Heck yeah!

Agents are limited by their internal drive, which is not going to change.

Training and support are necessary for agents who have a lot of drive and motivation. Without it, all the training in the world is useless.

Most people don't have internal drive. They wait for the whistle to blow at 5pm and can't get home fast enough. That's positive, not negative. For every person with a lot of drive we need 1,000 to work for them.

The truth is that due to most people's natural level of self-motivation there will never be any system in place where most independent agents will be even moderately successful.

While not quite a midget, Mugsy Bogues was listed as 5' 3" and quite a long career in the NBA. Earl Boykins is 5' 5" and Spud Webb is 5' 7". Spud won the slam dunk contest one year.

Conventional wisdom tells us that none of these three men could have ever made it to the NBA.

So much for conventional wisdom.

I agree.

Can a midget play basketball? Not for the NBA but perhaps somewhere, they could create a mini NBA if they simply wanted to and saw possibilities rather than obstacles.

Limits are what we put on ourselves and others when we simply don't see clearly.

I'm not recruiting, nor was Mark, just encouraging others. My agency is built on quality rather than quantity, unlike many others.

Oh and anytime you're down for that web share, I can make time for you until about 4PM EST today for you to "see 'em."

Thank you for you imput...Mr recruiter... I call a spade a spade.. I dont talk bull chit I call 'em as I see 'em

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

What the mind of man can conceive and believe, It can achieve.

~~Napoleon Hill

While not quite a midget, Mugsy Bogues was listed as 5' 3" and quite a long career in the NBA. Earl Boykins is 5' 5" and Spud Webb is 5' 7". Spud won the slam dunk contest one year.

Conventional wisdom tells us that none of these three men could have ever made it to the NBA.

So much for conventional wisdom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that clip, Ed. CYE reruns are being shown being shown locally on Channel 17 six nights a week. Unfortunately it runs at 12 midnight M to F and 11:30 PM on Sunday night. Also, my all-time favorite show.

Back