Dropbox- Amazing Free Online File Storage

I use dropbox every 30 minutes or so. I have everything stored here because I work from different devices: home, office, iPad, laptop, iPhone.

One of my favorite tools for my biz. Highly recommend to those who don't use it.

So you have no paper client files? What do you bring on client appointments? Have you ever had any issues with Dropbox? My biggest concern would be to scan all my files in and lose data.

So you have no paper client files? What do you bring on client appointments? Have you ever had any issues with Dropbox? My biggest concern would be to scan all my files in and lose data.

I still have paper files but everything gets scanned to a folder for each client gets uploaded to my cdma backed up locally and on dropbox encrypted.

I would like to some day just carry a tablet and have the client file on there every application brochures etc....I'm not there yet.

I'm going to dump everything on my computer and reformat it or whatever it is called. Some kinda major clean-up. Anyway my friend said he'll do it or there is a guy who charges like $30.

So if I move everything to Dropbox, will it just be located there or is it still going to come back and sync with my computer?

I'm not sure I understand this. :goofy:

What's the difference between Dropbox and one of those external hard drives? If you have Dropbox, do you still need an external hard drive?

Last edited:
Dropbox will store everything online. I use box.net but I believe it's the same. I drag my files to box.net's website and I can then access my files from my phone or my tablet. If my computer were to blow up I would have all my files on teh intraweb and all would be copacetic

Google drive is much like dropbox, and even has a folder. Drive allows you to also create documents in the browser itself, and multiple people can modify the same document (only if you share it of course and make it editable). I prefer google drive over dropbox just for that reason.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Google drive is much better IMHO. Edit/create files right inside of Chrome. You get 5 GB free I believe starting off.

Last edited:
Back