Dumb Question for Over 65

But sorry. I don't deal with post-65 products (yet!).

My parents just moved from Harrisburg (Pa) to Tucson. That's in Arizona. They both have Capital Blue Cross Medicare Supplements.

I assume they have to change. Is it best to stay with Blue Cross in Arizona? Also...they do have some medical isuues so is it a guarantee-issue with the new company?

And I assume the new company will tell them which RX locations they can use.

Thanks

Chumps

If in fact it is a Med Supp they can either keep it or change to another company if the AZ premiums are a lot lower.

However, since you have identified that they do have medical issues it is doubtful that they will be able to pass the underwriting questions.

If that is the case then there is only one company and Plan they can go to and that is United of Omaha's (MOO) Plan N. It is GI in AZ.

Since I don't know the zip code I can't give you an accurate premium amount but Plan N for each of them should be a little over $100 per month. That would be for a non tobacco user. (Has your mother finally quit chewing? haha)

I can get you an accurate premium amount if you would like to send me that information.

Not sure how the Blues operate in PA, but, if your parents had a Blues med supp here in Cali and moved to AZ, they could keep their Cali med supp in Az.
Only problem is this. Once you change to an Az zip code, the Blues in Cali then re rate your med supp to the MOST EXPENSIVE zip code region in Cali.
Have your parents call customer service and ask this question.

Ah. Sorry about that. I read it wrong. I grew up in Harrisburg, so I remember the York area. I think we used to play York Catholic. I went to Central Dauphin and I think I remember taking some trips to York.

Back