E&S Carriers Commissions

Of course, Mark, I am so sorry; that is exactly what I meant to say. I have spoken with my attorney, who advised me to adopt a special and unique snowflake non-discrimination policy. You of course, will still be receiving a settlement of $80,000 for the pain, suffering, and distress I have caused you. I would also like to take this opportunity to issue a public apology (I assure you it is very genuine and definitely not forced by my legal counsel). I am SO SORRY for the humiliation you suffered for me pointing out YOUR mistake. It was clearly MY mistake for pointing it out. You are a victim of the evil patriarchy (of which you will be receiving reparations from me, since I identify with the male gender).

You will also be receiving a lifetime achievement award - for your achievement of existing within this capitalistic hellscape your entire life.

I know that the $80,000 settlement, my public apology, and lifetime reparations will never be enough to rectify the damage I have caused today, but I'm hoping it's a start. One day soon.. you might be back to feeling like the warm snuggly Mark that you deserve to be.
Good job Alex. You forgot to ask my pronouns and tell me I'm brave, but we can work on that moving forward.

late to thread (E&S UW) but we pay 20% to our wholesalers except RT which gets 21%

At that point up to the wholesaler how they split w/ their retailer
I have seen them pay 50/50
I have seen pay them the full 20% and stick a big ole fee

Pretty much everything is negotiable between WS/Retail, however carrier side less inclined to negotiate up however open to netting down your commish.

I do ML (D&O, EPLI, FLC, & Crime)

late to thread (E&S UW) but we pay 20% to our wholesalers except RT which gets 21%

At that point up to the wholesaler how they split w/ their retailer
I have seen them pay 50/50
I have seen pay them the full 20% and stick a big ole fee

Pretty much everything is negotiable between WS/Retail, however carrier side less inclined to negotiate up however open to netting down your commish.

I do ML (D&O, EPLI, FLC, & Crime)

Insightful! Most of my brokers charge a fee and take half the commission lol

Insightful! Most of my brokers charge a fee and take half the commission lol

Yeah, for most of the wholesalers I work with the standard is they pay you 11% and charge a $250-$300 fee again my world is a bit different than most of P&C as it's incredibly soft.

Something to remember is there is options, if you feel like your WSer is just forwarding you can shop and make them earn that fee... Happy to make recommendations in the PL/ML world.

Back