Early Morning Appointment?

I’ve been trying to master the door knocking but running into some obstacles I’ll post later but for now .... I pulled up to a prospect (d lead who never answered phone) and they were getting in the car about to leave. It was about 5pm and I said I’ll come back tomorrow morning.

Well this lady says she gets off work at 6:30am and she’ll be available at 7am.

I’ve had the most horrible luck dealing with flaky prospects the past week and the last thing I want to do is get up at crack of dawn, drive halfway across town, and no one answer door.

Should I cancel this? I’m trying to meet them on their schedule but my patience is running thin for flaky prospects who set appointments and “forget” or don’t answer doors

How early would you set an appointment?

Should I cancel this? I’m trying to meet them on their schedule but my patience is running thin for flaky prospects who set appointments and “forget” or don’t answer doors

I'm not sure I'd call 6:30am quite the crack of dawn...and I'm not sure a forum full of insurance agents is ever going to tell you to cancel an appointment :-)

But anyway, you could always call first to confirm before you leave.

^yes baseball 7 - I started to wonder that myself. So I guess that’s part of the reason. A good percentage of these aged leads people will be deadbeats.

I’m just on a tight budget right now.

Okay, I’ll contact them tomorrow am.

Next time I’m never setting an appointment that early. I’m not a morning person so I hate waking up that early unless it’s some guaranteed money waiting.

^yes baseball 7 - I started to wonder that myself. So I guess that’s part of the reason. A good percentage of these aged leads people will be deadbeats.

I’m just on a tight budget right now.

Okay, I’ll contact them tomorrow am.

Next time I’m never setting an appointment that early. I’m not a morning person so I hate waking up that early unless it’s some guaranteed money waiting.
Not a morning person either but I was up at 4:15 this morning and drove an hour to be with one of my church members that is having surgery. I would do the same for an insurance prospect but probably not a second time if they stood me up on the first.

That’s true dedication right there!

Well, turns out the lady was not there BUT I’m not as pissed as I thought I would be because apparently the woman who said she was the woman on the lead card was not and I think was the woman’s son’s baby’s mom.

Okay I’m slightly pissed but the bright side is:

• the woman’s son was in the driveway with his baby. I babbled with the baby while he told me the woman on the lead card is his mom and her actual schedule/the best time to reach her is actually 7:20pm.
  • I’ll just use this time to call some leads (at the Starbucks halfway across town lol)

You're not thinking big enough.

Who else does this lead work with that also works the graveyard shift? This one sale could lead to five more.

Perhaps. My mind is trying to shake the two weeks of working but not getting paid because of prospects setting appointments then forgetting or not answering their door.

I don’t have the luxury to sustain flake prospects anymore. And that was exactly my mindset last night

But you do have a point. I need to reset mentally. Let those last two weeks go. But I also need to do some adjustments with my appointment setting.

While it’s possible some are flaking on purpose, it’s also possible that some are not (miscommunications, really did forget, called into work last minute, etc) and truly open to meeting when it’s a better time for them.

You're not thinking big enough.

Who else does this lead work with that also works the graveyard shift? This one sale could lead to five more.
Back. In the day when I had to sell to eat I would at times leave the house around 5AM and call on the folks working in the convenience stores, motel desks, etc until time to start my regular routine . Would do the same from 8pm to 11pm. Those people seldom have anyone calling on them.

Back