EFES, Equita Company

If you need FE training and/or leads are tough to generate in your market they are good outfit. If you don't need training and you are able to get leads from other vendors in your market they you may come out money ahead to go elsewhere.

I can't speak to their med supp program.

hey Rob. Who are you working for? have you filled out your territory form yet? Equita is a great source for exclusive leads. Yes, you can probably get a higher contract elsewhere but have to generate your own leads. meaning, pay up front and wait for the leads to trickle in. At Equita, every Saturday morning, your leads are there, waiting for you. The better you sell, the lower the lead cost. My agents only pay on ave $16 per lead? Again, don't know who you signed up with but in my group the other guy hit the nail on the head. I have great support, training even a manual and audio from top agents and managers with over 11 years exclusive FE experience.

Good luck.

I had a terrible experience with their home mortgage protection division.

They were reselling leads that were supposed to be exclusive, some had already been sold policies by their agents.

Once or twice would have been one thing, but this was happening on batches of 20 or 30 A leads where all were resold, then sold to me for 35$ each.

Every single person said they had already been called, I even scheduled appointments with a couple and they had business cards from the EMG agent that had already been to their home.

I hear they tried to clean up their act, however if the same financial principals are involved as the last go round, I don't know how much is true or false of the "clean up".

I wouldn't give them another chance. Their leads had a lower closing % than shared internet leads because of the reselling.

I have heard others say that the final expense side is a lot different, just relaying my experience.

I had a terrible experience with their home mortgage protection division.

They were reselling leads that were supposed to be exclusive, some had already been sold policies by their agents.

Once or twice would have been one thing, but this was happening on batches of 20 or 30 A leads where all were resold, then sold to me for 35$ each.

Every single person said they had already been called, I even scheduled appointments with a couple and they had business cards from the EMG agent that had already been to their home.

I hear they tried to clean up their act, however if the same financial principals are involved as the last go round, I don't know how much is true or false of the "clean up".

I wouldn't give them another chance. Their leads had a lower closing % than shared internet leads because of the reselling.

I have heard others say that the final expense side is a lot different, just relaying my experience.

EMG and EFES and alike only in the fact that the E stands for Equita. I have experience with both. My experience with EMG is exactly as you describe. Night and day difference with EFES.

My experience with EMG was before the last reshuffling where they brought it back to the people that manage EFES. I don't if it's it better now or not.

I signed on with EFG two-three years ago, went down to Dallas (at my expense) to their excellent 'boot camp', then did next to nothing with them. Reason: I didn't find enough value in the recycled leads they keep making money on -- whether I do or not!
They, like (some) other lead-providing companies, tell you they don't make their money doing that. I seriously doubt the veracity of that statement.
They have, or had, some smart cookies promoting their lead program and their boot camp. The former, IMHO, is of questionable value. The latter is not: You will not go wrong if you get involved with EMG just enough to get access to that.
DISCLAIMER: I am in no way affiliated with or in any way compensated by EMG for promoting their boot camp. I went. I felt it was well worth the investment in time and money.
doug
(YIR = YourInsuranceRep --
which precedes @ , on my
business cards.)

Seems we are getting off topic? I thought this was about EFES? EMG...the old EMG...was as every says. But...they are now ran under the EFES higher ups. The problem now? Agents don't want to pay $35 for NEW leads? OK? Maybe EMG should go back to cheaper recycled leads? Damn if you do...you know the rest. But EMG is running just like EFES on a much smaller scale but it is running successfully. Def not anything like the old EMG which is now Unique Underwriters. same guys over there. Same idea as the old EMG. take that last statement for what it's worth if you're looking at them? Smoke and mirrors boys. Smoke and mirrors. The only downside to the EFES program is because they really do generate brand new leads for the agent, there is some downtime before those leads roll in which can be frustrating. But it's worth the wait.

They were charging 35$ for the recycled ones then, that's why I have a skeptical mind about them in general.

The boot camp used to be available in video form, I take some exception to their sales style but it is an ok base if you wanted to sell from a high pressure overcome all objections style.

It's not so good if you want to build a base book of clients and generate referrals.

Again...we are talking apples and oranges. EFES leads are in average $16. No high pressure sale but it also depends on which agency you get in with. Each one is different in how they teach "their" process. The old EMG is long gone. The new one has the same biz model as the EFES side. Just territory is sparse. Lead cost is higher for obvious reasons.

Latest posts

Back