EHEALTH Not Selling BCBS in IL Anymore?

clients must now come to agents to get these policies!

Or go direct to BCBSGA . . .

eHealth and unmanned sites like that are meaningless annoyances to a good agent. I get lot's of visitors to my site and several will run quotes.

At least half will put in bogus information. Jimmy Cricket who lives in Stone Mountain ran rates on my site earlier today. His phone number is 770-444-2211 if you want to call him.

A few will actually apply.

Most pick out the cheapest plan which still seems to be the $10,000 Value plan from Aetna.

Sure it is a piece of junk but that is what you get when you bottom feed.

They typically apply for plans that do not cover brand Rx or don't even cover generics.

Great plans until you get sick and need them to pay your bills.

At least half who follow the application all the way through to submission are denied. Lately even folks with "clean" applications are denied.

You don't suppose they lied on the application do you?

I have had 4 applications denied in the last 2 weeks, but if you look at the app all the medical questions were "no".

And no, they were not 18 inches too short for their weight either.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I just went to eHealth and ran a quote on myself. BCBSGA shows up as an option.

I used zip code 30328.

Can't say which zip you used but they are quoting Blue.

I notice they are quoting the AARP/Aetna branded plan but not PCIP.

Last edited:
This is all very wired.

eHealth has consistently been showing fewer and fewer plans. For example, they have not shown Assurant plans - in years (except for short term). Of course, Assurant actually hates them - worse than their marvelous State Farm agents.

My working theory is that companies are fed up with an agency (that's all eHealth is - a stupid licensed agency just like the rest of us) that refuses to screen apps.

The alternative theory is that eHealth is intentionally pushing plans that generate the higher commissions.

They also have removed their "HSA" category of plans. You have to manually figure out which plans are HSA compliant.

I really love it now how they brag about have 10,000 different plans available and then when you run quotes, you see fewer than 100 - doesn't seem to matter which state (I often use them as my quoting source, have an email sent to me, then modify it and send to clients).

geez I hate those guys - it would be hilarious if they really were to bite the dust.

so how's their piddly little stock doing btw?

Wired!

Looks like the largest quote engine going for Illinois is the
Find Insurance Options

It spit out 215 plans for a 50 year old male. BCBS is now the most expensive in the state after their just-announced 23% price increase.

Fortunately, consumers can't purchase directly through that site. Not YET anyways.

-AC

Looks like the largest quote engine going for Illinois is the
Find Insurance Options

It spit out 215 plans for a 50 year old male. BCBS is now the most expensive in the state after their just-announced 23% price increase.

Fortunately, consumers can't purchase directly through that site. Not YET anyways.

-AC

When did BCBS announce a 23% rate increase in IL

When did BCBS announce a 23% rate increase in IL

The BCBS-IL rate increase is effective for 12/1/2010 effective dates, but I have no idea how widespread it is. It was just while running a couple of quotes for WILL county prospects this morning using the new BCBS software that was released last week. Since I don't write much BCBS, the high price just made me shake my head, and move on to the next company.
-AC

Yea, I's dont b knowing wha da biieag dealeo is wit da spellin, yer fancie werds ain't gunnah pay fer me lite billz!

Back