Email Addresses

I was told (not confirmed) that SBLI was headed that way. I love their term and was excited about them entering FE.

Senior Life has a place on its eapp for the proposed insured's email, but it's not required. If there's no email provided then the agent simply types in "[email protected]".

Any FE carriers that require email from their clients is a carrier that doesn't even understand the FE market. And you know what they say about FE carriers that have a weak understanding of their market don't you? That's a carrier that's pointed towards the exit door.

If a company in any industry doesn't even understand the buying habits, budgetary concerns, psychology, etc. of their market they are a company that will have their head handed to them by the competition. If a company doesn't understand their market that's a company that should not even be in business or they should replace their CEO, Presidents, Vice-Presidents, right on down the line, or put themselves up for sell.

I remember AIG requiring email address on the GI product. I haven’t written one of theirs in a couple of years, so I don’t know if they still do. It seems like there are a few carriers that require email if you’re selling by phone and using the e-app, in order to obtain signatures. (Isn’t Gerber like that?)

Most of my clients are reasonably up to date on digital communication. They’re on FaceBook, Twitter, TikTok, etc. So I have very few clients that don’t have access to email, at least through their mobile phone. But I don’t have very many who actually use their email, and even fewer who remember their address. Email is quickly becoming as old school as faxes. (For my clients, texting is king.)

Back