Enrolled, but Proof Not Enrolled in Medicaid Requirement

dorado

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Virginia
I am having a few of my apps coming up with this requirement: Need to send proof that NOT enrolled in Medicaid, Chip or any other public assistance plan. These consumers (I still call them clients) do receive the subsidy, but are given the 90 days to provide the requirements.
Has anybody else had this issue and is there a better way to provide the requirement other that going to Medicaid and get a letter?
The people who really should be getting Medicaid, sometimes have a hard time getting the help they need...I imagine that the ones that really don't qualify for it will have a hard time getting a letter...
Any suggestions?

Have them write and sign a simple attestation that they are not enrolled in those programs, and upload it to the marketplace.

Please don't ask me how to upload a written sheet to the marketplace. I have no idea, other than scan and e-mail. Most clients don't have scanners. Maybe take a photo and text it to them? I don't know...

I just tell my clients to follow any instructions on the 13 page award letter. Apparently they have. Only 1 person was cancelled.

Have them write and sign a simple attestation that they are not enrolled in those programs, and upload it to the marketplace.

Please don't ask me how to upload a written sheet to the marketplace. I have no idea, other than scan and e-mail. Most clients don't have scanners. Maybe take a photo and text it to them? I don't know...

I just tell my clients to follow any instructions on the 13 page award letter. Apparently they have. Only 1 person was cancelled.

Thanks, I asked them to do that. When I asked the rep from HC.gov, he said that doing that would not be enough. They have been wrong at times. I asked my clients to go to the Social Services office and request a letter, with the 15 page eligib. letter.

I noticed on the HC.gov application this O.E., it's asking toward the end if anyone was removed from Medicaid. You say "no" and it says in the final eligibility letter, "Prove it to us!".

By now, the local Health and Human Service/Medicaid offices must have a pre-designed form letter that they can sign/certify and hand to, or mail to, the requestor. (Am I giving them too much credit?)

If your client(s) get this letter and USPS mail it to HC.gov, ensure that they keep a copy and send the original using the "return receipt requested" method. Many thousands of documents were trashed this year by Marketplace employees...causing a lot of grief for consumers.

I noticed on the HC.gov application this O.E., it's asking toward the end if anyone was removed from Medicaid. You say "no" and it says in the final eligibility letter, "Prove it to us!".

By now, the local Health and Human Service/Medicaid offices must have a pre-designed form letter that they can sign/certify and hand to, or mail to, the requestor. (Am I giving them too much credit?)

If your client(s) get this letter and USPS mail it to HC.gov, ensure that they keep a copy and send the original using the "return receipt requested" method. Many thousands of documents were trashed this year by Marketplace employees...causing a lot of grief for consumers.

Thanks...yes, too much credit:biggrin:

Back