• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Erick Chavarria Farmers Insurance Recruiter

myusernameis_

Hello all,

I am exploring opportunities to start an insurance agency in Illinois and came across Erick Chavarria. He represents District 33 at Farmers and makes the opportunity sound really good with them and really bad with other companies. I believe his boss is Kyle Wetzel who is the District Manager for District 33 and Kyle would be my boss if I join Farmers. My gut is telling me something is wrong. Does anyone here have experience with Erick Chavarria and Farmers?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/erick-chavarria-263735137
Kyle Wetzel - Farmers District Manager in Burr Ridge, IL

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-18 115614.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-11-18 115614.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 2
I had Farmers try to recruit me several years ago. The recruiter outright lied to me about the situation. Not mislead. Not confused. Not wordsmithing. Outright lied.

Brokering commercial insurance over the last 9 years, I've seen more fishy tactics from Farmers than anyone else. As a matter of fact when I meet with a client, if they tell me they have Farmers, I tell them before I even look at the policy "you have missing coverages" because I know that 19 out of 20 times, I'll find improper classifications, missing coverages, etc. The last Farmers policy I quoted against had a building misclassified, and covered for nowhere near what it would cost to rebuild. The one before that had collision coverage missing on a vehicle.

I had Farmers try to recruit me several years ago. The recruiter outright lied to me about the situation. Not mislead. Not confused. Not wordsmithing. Outright lied.

Brokering commercial insurance over the last 9 years, I've seen more fishy tactics from Farmers than anyone else. As a matter of fact when I meet with a client, if they tell me they have Farmers, I tell them before I even look at the policy "you have missing coverages" because I know that 19 out of 20 times, I'll find improper classifications, missing coverages, etc. The last Farmers policy I quoted against had a building misclassified, and covered for nowhere near what it would cost to rebuild. The one before that had collision coverage missing on a vehicle.

Yeah, but they have pretty cool & funny commercials. That has to count for something as the better commercial carriers don't have cool or funny commercials. Always a trade off I guess

Last edited:
If I offered an inferior product and service I would probably have to start cold calling or advertising again.

Many people believe if they "saw them on the tv" then they must be a good company. Oregon Mutual has some of the best coverages and claims handling, and most people have never heard of them.

Last edited:
Why? Farmers HAD a decent agent start program when you could get onboard with no money and the other carriers were looking for $50 to $100K as a buyin. Farmers used to let agents rent a desk in a real estate office or work from home. That changed but might have gone back into play with the pandemic. Farmers will put an agency on every corner of a busy street. They have had premium cost issues which left agents not able to get business. They also have tried to buy a marketshare by relaxing underwriting and then raising premium which leads to customers leaving in droves

Why? Farmers HAD a decent agent start program when you could get onboard with no money and the other carriers were looking for $50 to $100K as a buyin. Farmers used to let agents rent a desk in a real estate office or work from home. That changed but might have gone back into play with the pandemic. Farmers will put an agency on every corner of a busy street. They have had premium cost issues which left agents not able to get business. They also have tried to buy a marketshare by relaxing underwriting and then raising premium which leads to customers leaving in droves

"HAD" meaning I should look elsewhere? What is the best option available? I want an Agency. State Farm? American Family? AllState? Independent?

Back