F.E. Quoting Engine

Nice design. I would suggest using age rather than date of birth. Less clunky to input.

The problem is that when you dont put in their birthday, you can give them a wrong quote. Most agents can't remember whichs companies is age nearest or last birthday.

If you do it this way, you can't miss up.

If you are a broker for FE, this quoter would be a must. One issue I thought I came across, but can't log back in to verify. If you pick tobacco user; Americo's non-tobacco rate comes up which may be right or wrong. Depends what form of tobacco. This could cause some misquotes from newbies.

There is an agent guide for each company, on the quote.

If your not sure about the product, be sure and read the agent guide on the quote.

Nice design. I would suggest using age rather than date of birth. Less clunky to input.

I would prefer an either/or. If you have DOB you don't have to calculate it and if you have age you don't have to ask birth date initially.

I agree it's a great design. It still baffles me as to why Compulife did not take several of our requests to add a SIWL category. For an initial offering I really like it. Once they get mobile apps in place it will also be great for the agent who's face to face and/or doesn't carry a laptop.

I agree that inputting an age is much quicker. In fact, the original design had this feature instead of a birthday.

It's a double edged sword. When speaking with an insured its much quicker to just ask their age opposed to a written lead or existing client record where you only have the birthday and need to calculate their age manually.

The decision to go with a birthday was based on several factors not the least of which is accuracy. Most FE companies rate based on age last birthday, but some do age nearest.

The next major update of the quote engine will have some new features and I'll definitely consider a dual age/birthday field.

BTW Scott why don't we have you listed as partner IMO yet:laugh:

"Nice design. I would suggest using age rather than date of birth. Less clunky to input"...

Totally Agree. It's hard to imagine this product being any more user friendly than it already is but your right. Entering an age # would be easier but nothing's perfect...This is close though!

How do you add more carriers? I didn't see that even after I signed up. Overlooking something?

I didn't know there is an FE company that goes by age nearest birthday. Who is it.

I like the quoter much better than I thought I would. It's pretty awesome. I already had a pretty good handle on where all the FE companies fall but there are still a few surprises when you run quotes. I can imagine this is a huge help with new agents that are just learning the companies.
I'm not recruiting agents at all right now. I couldn't take the drop in income any longer. Much better for me when I keep my eye on the ball and just produce.

Don't think you can add more carriers, only omit the ones you don't want quoted. They are adding:
1. Equitable
2. Settlers
3. Genworth
4. Liberty Bankers
5. CSA Life

And they are adding a way to put a signature in the email quote so you would have your phone number on it. Like Wino said, you need date of birth as some companies use closest age and not current age.

How do you add more carriers? I didn't see that even after I signed up. Overlooking something?

My guess is you don't add the additional carriers. You'll need to send them the required rates, agent guide, states product is approved in.

Back