Facebook Idea.

I have had a little luck directing people to my website through fB. Does anyone see a problem with "submit a quote on our site to be entered into the June give-a-way". ????

I dont see a problem with it but what is the prize? Is it specifically for anyone who gets a quote, not if they bind or anything like that?

It might be better to do one for referrals...

Yeah if I have 10 people who go to the site for a quote then I put their names in a drawing and the winner will be mailed a $20 gift card to a local shop. Helps me build business with the local retailers too.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
They do not have to apply or purchase. Just simply request a quote.

Last edited:
I don't think there is anything wrong with it, but I'd be surprised if much business came of it.

Is it ok to gift $20? I'm in Georgia and I'm sure every state is different, but I was under the impression that gifting more than $10 for referrals or binding was unacceptable.

Any thoughts?

I don't feel this is the best idea.

A) People who are not interested will go just to be eligible for the gift, and you want real prospects. Seems you're banking on people actually putting in their info to run quotes in hopes that they say "hey, that's cheap" and gain interest.

B) If you seek traffic, start a campaign to have them "like" your Facebook page since that's way more valuable than your website.

C) What happens if only 9 people go to the site? You don't do the drawing? That would be misleading and unfair to those 9 that hit the site.

D) What happens if the person that wins actually bought a policy? Now you're potentially in rebating territory, not worth a headache if you ask me.

Forget tricks and offer value, a webinar or free white paper/e-book if you want quality customers. Market yourself as an expert not a win a free iPod shop.

Yeah if I have 10 people who go to the site for a quote then I put their names in a drawing and the winner will be mailed a $20 gift card to a local shop. Helps me build business with the local retailers too.
They do not have to apply or purchase. Just simply request a quote.

cook920 said:
Is it ok to gift $20? I'm in Georgia and I'm sure every state is different, but I was under the impression that gifting more than $10 for referrals or binding was unacceptable.

Any thoughts?

I just threw $20 out as an example. I was thinking of a 5-10 gift certificate because it could get pricy on my end at $20 pop. Heck I wouldnt pay that much for lead. Anyways. I have not had to much success so I guess people are not too interested.

Consistency in any marketing is key to truly get an idea of effective.
robliano said:
I don't feel this is the best idea.

A) People who are not interested will go just to be eligible for the gift, and you want real prospects. Seems you're banking on people actually putting in their info to run quotes in hopes that they say "hey, that's cheap" and gain interest.

B) If you seek traffic, start a campaign to have them "like" your Facebook page since that's way more valuable than your website.

C) What happens if only 9 people go to the site? You don't do the drawing? That would be misleading and unfair to those 9 that hit the site.

D) What happens if the person that wins actually bought a policy? Now you're potentially in rebating territory, not worth a headache if you ask me.

Forget tricks and offer value, a webinar or free white paper/e-book if you want quality customers. Market yourself as an expert not a win a free iPod shop.

Thanks. Great ideas.
JBlack1971 said:
What part of NC are you in?

I am in Winston Salem.

Last edited:
Back